fair point that
Looks like there is no doubt Rivals is going to give Pipkins a pretty lofty ranking when they update. Great to see him continue to get some love. Also, Danny O'Brien, and Adolphus Washington second team members. Honorable mention goes to Godin, Ross, and Clark.
Ohio defensive end Pharaoh Brown has been committed to Michigan since May and has never looked back. The four star commit has been dubbed as an athletic defensive end with a ton of upside.
He played quarterback and defensive end last year for his high school team and now plans to switch to a different role on offense.
"This season I'll be playing tight end and defensive end," Brown said. "I don't really have a preference of either offense or defense, but I think I would rather play defense."
There was some noise this summer that Brown could potentially move to wide receiver after a seven on seven performance. The Michigan coaches have made it clear though that they want him on the defensive side of the ball, and he's good with that.
The senior season is always special and Brown feels as though they have a good enough team to make the playoffs. He has also set a few goals for himself to finish out his high school career.
"We have a great squad with a lot of seniors this year," he said. "We're projected to go to the playoffs so I think we'll go pretty far. I want to win the conference and make it to the playoffs, that's my goal."
The clock is starting to tick, and I'm sure before he knows it he'll be packing his bags for Ann Arbor. Brown is measuring in at 6 foot 6, 223 pounds right now, which is fine for high school. Michigan's defensive coordinator Greg Mattison has told him he will need to bulk up once he gets to the next level, which is something he's prepared to do.
"My cousin played football in college and had an NFL tryout, so he's been training me," Brown said. "I learned some new technique stuff this off season and I feel pretty good. I know I'll have to put on a lot of weight once I get there so I'll just stay up on lifting and protein shakes."
Brown said he committed to Michigan because of the academics, the scheme, and the whole package that Michigan had to offer. Since he's a part of the 2012 class he had heard the speech from the Michigan coaches, and knew what other prospects were hearing but he was still a little surprised by the quantity and quality of this class.
"I thought we would do well, but I didn't think it would be like this," he said. "I feel pretty good with this class, I think we're going to do big things."
Brown also said that he was doing some recruiting for his future team, and feels like he had a part in Ohio DE Tom Strobel committing as well.
While he's excited for his future at Michigan he is 100% focused on the task at hand this season and finishing out strong. The season starts for Brown when his team takes on Eastlake North at 7pm on August 26th.
Pharaoh Brown Junior Highlights:
It seems that people have received their season tickets and the 4 game packs that were avaialble from mgoblue.com a few weeks back.
Has anyone received their 2 game packs purchased from the Alumni Association yet?
Hey, check out my favorite "other" Jerel Worthy tattos, and Jerel's thoughts regarding each of them:
11. Sparty peeing on a helmet marked "P" (Jerel says: "A lot of people think the 'P' is for Purdue but it's all about the land-grant rivalry, baby.")
10. Epaminodas leading the Spartans to victory over Thebes at the Battle of Leuctra in 371 B.C. (Jerel says: "Everyone was telling me to get Lysander but I wanted something different.")
9. A picture of a scoreboard reading "MSU 75, IU 64" and showing 0:00 on the clock. (Jerel says: "That was the 1979 championship. Magic versus Bird. I doesn't get any better than that.")
8. A drawing of a city with the words "Ann Arbor" inside it, with an outline of a cloud above the city, and inside the cloud a drawing of a mushroom. (Jerel says: "You see what I did there?")
7. Flint. (Jerel says: "I loved watching Mateen and those guys back when I was coming up in Ohio.")
6. The Saskrit symbol for luck. (Jerel says: "Some bedsheet-wearing dude recommended it to me and I thought it looked cool, so...")
5. An uninterrupted urine stream that circles his right arm three times. (Jerel says: "I like the barbed-wire thing, but gotta keep it fresh.")
4. "MSU Juniors Rule!" (Jerel says: "I got that one last year. Guy at the parlor was like, 'you sure you don't want Class of '12?' but I told him 'hells no.'")
3. An inmate peeing on a prison guard. (Jerel says: "That's a shout-out to all my teammates in Ionia Correctional. Go Green yo.")
2. A "swordfight" between Tom Izzo and Mark Dantonio. (Jerel says: "I know Izzo would win. But Dantonio would get some good shots in first.")
1. A "How Many Things Can You Find Wrong With This Picture" puzzle from Games magazine (Jerel says: "I wear number 99 so...")
Mike Martin is apparently doing a series of webisodes of his senior year at Michigan. This appears to be the first of many:
If the youtube embed doesn't work: