well that's just, like, your opinion, man
Per Allen Trieu, Alabama has offered IL OL target Colin McGovern. That makes five UM targets/commits who have Alabama offers - Bosch, Dawson, LTT, Lisle and McGovern. Rivals doesn't show Fox with one, but I'd be willing to bet he'd have gotten one had he stayed on the board. So five probably would've turned to six. Plus, it's likely Pocic will receive an offer from Alabama.
As much as I hate Nick Saban, the man obviously has an eye for talent so I'm pumped that he's essentially concurring on Hoke's evaluations. I'm loving that Hoke is identifying top tier talent early and building relationships before talented recruiters like Saban can weasel their way in. This OL class is going to be formiddable a few years down the road.
I put up a scouting report on Kendall Fuller this morning. He's a good prospect, but my takeaway is that he seems to be a little overrated on some sites. I don't think he's necessarily a future superstar or a future first round pick, but he should be a good college player if he can keep his head on straight and become a little more physical.
For those interested, the Solid Verbal (also known as the best CFB podcast on the innertubes) had Brian on for their latest episode.
Here is the description:
Ty and Dan talk with Brian Cook from MGoBlog.com about the magic of Brady Hoke, the glow of an 11-2 season, the advantages and disadvantages of playing Alabama next season, and the next step for Denard Robinson. Plus, Dan helps install his own Internet, and Ty’s life is overtaken by Temple Run.
You're in luck, gentlemen! I've just gotten the flux capacitor up and running again, and I've come back from the fall of 2014 with footage of our O-Line at work against MSU's defense.
Having lived in Texas for a long time, Kirk Bohls is one connected dude at UT so I have to think this is legit. This is an interesting hire in the sense that UT fans (I attended grad school there so I know a ton of them) hate Greg Davis. I mean hate the guy. This is strange since Greg Davis was there for a NC win and coached McCoy, Young, Simms and Applewhite who were all pretty successful. However, most UT fans claim that they won in spite of Greg Davis since his play calling sucked, particularly in big games. His goal was to out-execute you, which worked against many opponents due to the crazy recruiting classes Texas would regularly pull in. Will be interesting to see where this goes for Iowa who will not have superior talent compared to the teams in the B1G, seems like a double down on Lloyd-ball for Kirk.
- Among Michigan fans, 64 percent approve of the job Brady Hoke is doing. Six percent disapprove, while 29 percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 26 percent have a positive opinion of Rich Rodriguez, versus 32 percent who have an unfavorable opinion. Forty-two percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 39 percent approve of the way John Beilein is doing his job; eight percent disapprove, while 53 percent are unsure.
- Sparty fans approve of D'Antonio along similar lines as Hoke, 68-4-28. They approve of Izzo even more strongly, 78-3-19.
- Within the state as a whole, 37 percent of Michiganders consider themselves Michigan fans, versus 31 percent who root for Sparty. Thirty-two percent consider themselves a fan of neither.
- Voters for Obama in 2008 are slightly more inclined to favor Michigan. Of Obama voters, 40 percent favor Michigan, 27 percent favor Sparty. Of McCain voters, Michigan still leads, at 35 percent, followed by Sparty at 34 percent. (Corrects 53 to 35 for McCain)