Last weekend, it was a "Hello: ______" post just about every few hours. THis weekend, NADA. Is there any news out there on how this recruiting weekend is going? There are obviously a couple of big recruits that we are going after, but I haven't seen much in the way of info.
Also, does anyone know when the pre-signing-day dead period kicks in?
I know, I know, he's not coming, but I'm holding out just a little bit of unrealistic hope that he decides on a last-minute switch (I know, I know). I came across this and I'm only posting it because it stated Hoke has been after him. These are the only tidbits about him, but here's the link:
New Michigan coach Brady Hoke is pursuing PSU verbal Anthony Zettel, a 6-4, 255-pounder from Michigan who commited to the Lions in late December. Zettel, who is a defensive line prospect, told Sean Fitz of Lions247.com, a Penn State football recruiting website, he will be wearing the Blue and White. “Michigan is after him but when I talked to [Zettel] recently he was adamant about coming to Penn State,” Fitz said.
(Al Golden/Rod Blagojevich aka "Blago" )
According to this, Tate is interested in Miami. Or vice versa. Whateva!
Actually, I'd like a bit of help in settling a little debate between my buddy and I today. My argument: Al G. and Blago were separated at birth. What say'eth?
Thanks in advance...
P.S. a smidgeon of resemblance = yes... (beer goggle rule in effect)
Here's a roundup of notable arrests and incidents related to college football during the past week. Most of these are not eligible for the Fulmer Cup, but nonetheless might be interesting to you, the informed college football reader. Be warned: Some of these may be somewhat grim.
- As covered in the third Fulmer Cup report of the offseason, starting Florida cornerback Janoris Jenkins was arrested for marijuana possession under 20 grams on Jan. 23.
- Recently uncovered court documents reveal two University of Louisville players dismissed from that team last October were relieved of their duties because they allegedly assaulted a fellow player. First-degree assault charges have been filed, and the players are scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 3.
- Ole Miss verbal commitment Tobias Singleton, considered the No. 9 cornerback prospect in the country, has been charged with misdemeanor domestic violence and felony mischief.
- Former University of Iowa football player Derrell Johnson-Koulianos pled guilty to possession of marijuana and will stay out of jail.
- An unidentified Texas A&M-Commerce football recruit was arrested for possession of alcohol by a Minor on Jan. 21.
I've started following recruiting this year. Which site do you prefer or are they so close it doesnt matter? Thanks for the input.
EDIT: Thanks everyone for the input. After about 30 replies I've come to the conclusion that TomVH and this blog are awesome. GO BLUE!