“He was on the other side of the court, screaming: ‘Good shot, Kev!’” Durant said, shaking his head in delight. “I’m thinking, this guy’s an All-American type of teammate right there.”
"Legends and Leaders" is a national embarassment. OSU, Michigan in separate divisions. Ugly logo. Jim Delaney must go.
"CC (NTCC)" - Commissioner Change (Not That CC) will be used to denote all future forum topics on his replacement.
Edit - Obviously this wasn't all that funny. I need something better to do in lecture. But those who actually thought I expected you to put CC (NTCC) in front of your posts are quite unintelligent and need to put your sarcasm meters back on, or acquire one.
Those in the "mommy please make it stop!!!" crowd...lol. pathetic.
Apparently, Randy Shannon has intereviewed with and was considering a job with Kentucky. That seemes strange. Why go to a school that won't be able to recruit and hasn't been able to compete? As a defensive coordinator?
With Muschamp now at Florida, apparently he has interest in becoming the Texas DC. This may make some sense for Shannon. I suppose it makes some sense for UT as well, coming off a horrible season.
Where does Michigan fit in? Has Calvin Magee and Rodriguez and/or Brandon already spoken with Chuck Heater? Have they already spoken to Shannon and did he decline interest based on Rodriguez tenuous tenure?
"When" Rodriguez is kept on, I don't see any way for Robinson to continue without Ann Arbor Torch and Pitchfork having a record setting day of sales.
While this will no doubt test the boundaries of OT, since I'm a civilian now and think this is highly interesting given its location, the game, what will emerge from the national MSM, etc:
Apparently the free giveaway of tickets to tonight's Vikings/Giants game has led to utter chaos. 'Sources' (lulz) indicate that there was absolutely zero coordination or balance to the event and Ford Field employees more or less gave tickets away with zero interest in restrictions. This led to, as one person put it via Twitter,
- People were about to riot when the line got cut off. There's a good chance free ticket people will get shutout of the game
- @Buccigross some people were grabbing 30 tickets a person and going back in line. There was no security or order in lines
- Messed up situation at #fordfield people who showed up after 8am probably missed out for the 9am tickets
This could have been easily prevented by making tickets for the game $5 with all proceeds donated to the Salvation Army, etc.
So, for any of the MGoBoarders who were hoping to get tickets - don't expect too much. Nor should you, in my opinion, pay for tickets to individuals who were undoubtedly the ones grabbing 30 per person.
Since this is a cupcake game in the tradition of ESS EEE CEE schools only playing cupcakes in non-conference, there won't be a lot of to glean from this. And there might be a lot more random off topic comments
- I'm sick of these stupid text message polls. Polls are fun in and of themselves, but I hate that it says "message and data rates MAY apply". When it's more appropriate to say, "YOU DUMB BITCHES ARE GONNA GET CHARGED AT LEAST 400% ABOVE COST FOR EACH TEXT MWAHAHAHAH!"
- I think this is the first appearance of the wildcat with Relf split out and Bumphis taking the snap
- Relf can throw the 8 yard flat, but he often puts it on the wrong shoulder, if we had more experienced corners, we could get some tip drill type interceptions.
- On some passing downs, the 4 LB's are lined up in the gaps around the 3 DL. so all 7 players are in an alternating line of two point and three point rushers. So it becomes a guessing game for the O-line as to which 3,4, 5, or even 6! of them are actually rushing. Depending on where the backs are, the 2 guys who will take coverage actually start with a couple of rush steps before peeling off or dropping back.
- Russell is playing again after sitting the week before, looks pretty accurate but misread a quarters for a cover two and almost got picked off.
- SWEEEET, Alcorn's QB just broke a long one for a TD. #5 took a bad angle, #4 is not fast. That Alcorn kid can run. But so can Denard of course. (Dissected below)
- Alcorn is giving them soft corners, so MSU is throwing a lot of bubble screens.
- #8 WR, has good height, dropped an underthrown ball when he was wide open deep.
- When they bring heat, there will be people open, but we gotta be carefull about zone blitzes and dropping linemen. The hot routes probably need to be a little bit deeper to avoid interceptions.
- Ugh, Relf's passing seems to be improving, he threw a fastball in the redzone for their 3rd TD, and he threw a pretty good corner route on a double move, the guy was wide open tho'.
- #26 CB got beat on a deep fly, this could be good for us with the speed we have at that position. Have to see if we get much bump and run.
- #5 got beat deep when he was unsure where to lineup at and was in man coverage.
- #9 Berry WR, starting to have more of an impact. Good size, hard to bring down for a WR.
- 35-16 at the half, Berry had a KO return TD
- #27 perkins also took a wildcat snap. Expect to see him take on most of bumphis's roles on trick plays.
- Relf will hold the ball longer than he should on passing plays if the coverage is good.
- Alcorn caused a fumble when the MSU left tackle picked up the blitzing OLB letting the DE get a free run and he hit the QB/HB right during the mesh
- Alcorn is having some success pressuring the left side of MSU's o-line, not sure if there're subs in the game.
- #90 DL is pretty quick off the ball.
- #34 with yet another batted ball on a blitz where he was dropping into coverage.
- #28 Ballard reminds me of MSU's rb's. Not a lot of change of direction, but if they bust through the second level, they're gone.
- 42-16 with 14 minutes to go, game over.
Alcorn's first TD
This is an encouraging play since it's something we run.
MSU is in a true 4-3 which they often do on 1st down or 2nd down if they expect a run. Usually they're in a 3-4, but with the way their DE's play, it's not much difference. Twin Flankers to the right, the safety is hanging back to invite the short pass or bubble screen. #10, the OLB is flexed out to take the TE.
But then they shift into a more aggressive defense to take that away. The safety rolls up even with the corner, and the OLB's shift into the line and now it looks more like a 5-2 with the blitzer in the left tackle/guard gap. They also have the short side corner in bump in run and the wide side playing softer as many teams do against the spread. The tackle picks it up and calls out the blitzer.
MSU likes to bring pressure off the edges. (We hope they will) And the blitzer is unblocked. The right tackle is pulling and he does an awesome job of getting just enough of the blitzer to put him down. This is a QB keeper all the way, even though there is the fake handoff.
Because the LG didn't pick up the blitzer, he's free to clean up the MLB. The Alcorn linemen are happy to let the DE's take themselves out of the play, and there's a huge lane inside of the pulling tackles block.
Once the QB gets past the line #50, and #4 have a chance to run him down, but they don't have the speed. #5 comes up at too sharp of an angle, gets juked, and gives up the outside.
And then he just outruns them all. It's nice to see that #50 and #4 don't give up on the play, but it's also interesting that they have about the same speed. #5 just could not recover or accelerate enough to stay with them.
As the other thread on this was killed because it was too paywall'd, that KCCI Des Moines is now reporting should place this topic into the public realm:
Jewel Hampton posted the following message on his Facebook page Sunday night: "Former Hawkeye!!! wats next???"
Iowa Spokesman Steve Roe told KCCI on Sunday night that he is unaware of any change to Hampton's actual status with the team. We should find out in the next few days if Hampton's departure is legitimate.
Hampton's sophomore season was cut short when he injured his knee against Arizona in September. The running back was considered one of Iowa's best players entering the year.
It has been a tough couple of days for Iowa football. On Tuesday, WR Derrell Johnson-Koulianos was suspended after being arrested on drug charges. Friday night, running back Brandon Wegher was officially granted his release from the team.
I'll save JamieMac the work on recommending Missouri in that bowl game. FWIW, more rumors out there that more bad news looming.
<anyone out there have any tips for a SLAV 225 final? wish me luck...>
DAYS UNTIL KELVIN GRADY SHOWS OFF HIS BBALL UPS!