landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
Just got done chatting with Yannick Ngakoue, Michigan's most recent offer. Yannick is a four-star LB (Rivals; unranked) out of Washington, DC. His offer sheet includes Tennessee, Florida State, West Virginia, Rutgers and Maryland. What we discussed:
- Michigan contacted him a little over a week ago and offered today. He expected the offer because "Michigan knows that I am a Division 1 caliber player".
- His interest in Michigan is high: "They are definitely one of my top schools and I want to visit within the next couple months"
- He likes the academic factor and the tradition, but also likes "how the team plays like a family".
- He will be watching the basketball game tonight because Coach Mallory told him to.
- Sandlot is his favorite movie. Yannick and I share the same favorite part as well....the "forever, forever" part.
If I recall correctly, most of Yannick's offers have come relatively recently, so he could be a diamond in the rough type player that Michigan got in on at the right time. I'll be checking back in with Yannick soon for updates regarding his recruitment.
If your a recruiting fanatic like I am then the news of all the four star commits today is the best news you have received in a long while, especially with Michigan not finishing the 2012 recruiting class as strong as we would have liked! For me this is definitely a moment of celebration and my wife and I are sipping some thug passion (Hennessy mixed with Alize') and feeling really good about a victory over Ohio this evening. It is a great time to be a Michigan fan. With that said, what are you drinking? Go Blue!
Hey guys, got off the phone with Jake Butt about ten minutes ago and he gave me a short synopsis of his visit.
- Michigan is still his leader.
- He is going to take his time in making a decision. Jake has maintained this stance throughout his recruitment.
- He ate at Cottage Inn (good choice)
- He met 1-on-1 with Coaches Hoke, Borges and Ferrigno
- My juvenile question of how the visit went on a scale of 1-10 was answered with a "10" from Jake.
Jake mentioned a couple times how great the relationships are that he's building with the coaching staff. Overall it sounds like it was a very positive visit.
I consider myself well versed in the ways of college football fans. I spend far more time than I should looking at fan boards and blogs, reading about recruiting. I have never, in my life, come acrosss more interesting fans than Spartan fans. This is quite a statement, because Auburn fans have more disillusioned ideas than the movie Inception. That being said, I wandered on over to the MSU Red Cedar Message Board, to see how they were reacting to Michigan's recruiting success today. (I also did the same thing with Bucknuts, but listing Buckeye failures is just stating the obvious.)
While there, I got the usual disgruntled fan statements of "We didn't really want any of them", "We'll still kick their ass" and my long favored "Those kids couldn't play here anyway". As I understand it, they own 4 straight victories over your boys. But lets be honest, no one really gives a damn nationally. After googling the overall series record between the schools, I got the sort of slanted results I was looking for. You would think the realization of how poor their overall record is against Michigan would temper their enthusiasm, but no, those guys are shit house rat crazy. I've never seen anything like it. They might not have the irrational behavior of the more annoying SEC fans, but dear God it's like the last 100 years of college football never happened to them. What the fuck is this, "Our Town"?
Honestly, I can't even explain the "ok, what now?" expression most Alabama fans had for our bowl game matchup with MSU last year. So someone, I don't care who, please explain the Spartan mindset to me. I'm dead serious, I can't wrap my head around it.
Hello all. Bolivia's been nice so far. It's summer here. Nice weather, decent food, good times. Just giving an update since I've zettled down over here and thought what better day than after today's monstrous recruiting pulls. Be well, one and all.
Cass Tech pipeline continues! Per Josh Helmholdt on twitter. And Tremendous. And TomVH.