Wow, just wow.
edit: yep, i'm one of these jamokes who can't properly display a photo. mi malo.
Momma Pryor saves
Also Terrelle Pryor's Private Jet Not Registered in Ohio
Wayne Morgan sent me a text this morning to tell me he's probably going to hold off on his announcement. He said he's not sure when he'll do it, but it will probably be more than a few days.
Borges No. 20 on the list. Also Calvin Magee in the "others to watch section."
From: The Ohio State Univeristy Office of Public Relations
Section 1: Recognizing an Emergency Situation
Recognizing a crisis is not always easy, but you can follow these simple guidelines to identify whether or not you are part of a crisis situation:
1. Are you, students, university employees or university property in immediate physical danger? If so, you are involved in a physical emergency. Contact local emergency dispatchers and university administrators. Refer to Section 2A.
2. Are you, students, university employees or university property involved in a situation that may have legal ramifications? If so, you are involved in a legal emergency. Contact emergency services if necessary, and contact the university legal department right away. Refer to Section 2B.
3. Are you, students, university employees or university property involved in a situation that may potentially reflect positively or negatively on any OSU properties or entities in the press, public, or with academic or athletic associations with which the university is involved? If so, the situation should be treated as a "Communications Emergency", and no action should be taken until confering with the PR department. Refer to Section 2C.
Section 2C: "Communications Emergencies"
As a state funded institution in the modern era, it is important to recognize that there is no such thing as "private communication," and any situation that deviates even slightly from your ordinary, daily tasks may constitute an "emergency." Emergencies may be positive, such as a large university donation, a success story with a student, or a faculty group that recieves praise for their efforts. Emergencies may also be negative, such as a student-athlete involved in illegal or immoral activities, a professor carrying on an improper relationship with a student, or a rash of poor attendance at lectures.
NOTE: All Legal and Physical Emergencies are also Communications Emergencies, but many situations may constitute a Communications Emergency that do not statisfy the other crteria.
In all Communications Emegencies, it is important to bring all relevant information to the attention of your supervisors and the university PR department right away. Remember that their job is to protect the interests of the university. That includes you. It is in your best interest to be as forthcoming as possible at all times. Furthermore, remember that no information is secret in the modern day, and sharing it with the PR department will ensure simple, easy information dispensation that either/both minimizes negative concepts and/or maximizes the positive.
NEVER ATTEMPT TO CONCEAL INFORMATION THAT
What conclusions can we draw from this snippet?
1. Tressel, Gee and the entire athletic department are illiterate.
2. It'll take months to clean up the mess in the PR offices.