that is nice bonus change
North Carolina vs Tennessee in what is certain to be a game we're all talking about 20 years from now. Enjoy.
FWIW, I'm a huge fan of (checks) Tennessee here. Go Vols!
Drink every time you see Ben Franklin's face. That said, don't drink too much, because the Bridgeport Education Holiday Bowl is coming up next and might include talk of "Leaders" and "Legends." If either are mentioned in context with the Big 10's divisions, drink a bottle of Everclear, get naked, and burn a metal folding chair.
Another segment from the bowl edition of Inside Michigan Football and then the underclassmen literally raise up the seniors.
“Whenever an opportunity is presented, you never pass up an opportunity,” he said.
So you’ll submit your name to the NFL advisory committee to assess your draft prospects?
“I’ll do that and take it from there,” he said.
Read more: Michigan's Mike Martin to consider NFL draft after season | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20101230/SPORTS06/101230072/Michigan-s-Mike-Martin-to-consider-NFL-draft-after-season#ixzz19diLGuHu
Alabama and OSU lead the way spending over 30 million each. Six of the top 10 from SEC. TCU spends more than we do.http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/SelectDownloadOptions.aspx
Since the last snap of the regular season, the days at MGoBlog have been (over) ripe with relentless CC chatter, prolonging each day to a near eternity. While college football has recently resumed, the run of throwaway bowl games with their tortured corporate epithets has done little to sate the senses of this Michigan faithful.
On Saturday, that will all change as we witness the final three hours of our 2010-11 season.
So with the big day nearly upon us, I ask what grand plans have you hatched for our first bowl game since Jan 1, 2008?
- Where are you watching the game?
- Who are you watching with?
- What other NYD bowl games do you plan to watch?
- Your drink of choice will be _____ ?
For me, it's
- At home, in 54" of glorious high definition.
- Typically watch the game with 2-4 other M grads who live nearby plus token appearances by my family who sometimes tolerate my viewing habits.
- I'll probably Tivo the Alabama v. Michigan St game and watch later if it's a remotely close game. Am definitely planning to watch the TCU v. Wisconsin Rose Bowl matchup live.
- A sampling of cervezas. Projected starting lineup includes: (1) Stone Brewing Co.Ruination IPA, (2) Lagunitas Brown Shugga' Ale and (3) Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Coming off the bench if the need should arise: Sam Adams Boston Lager, Corona, Heineken, and Molson Golden. If things go severely awry I have about a half a bottle of Makers Mark tucked away in the up-high cabinet.
I just turned on ESPN2, and there is a really nice documentary on about the Loyola High School football program in Detroit. It's focusing on the young men they are developing there. Nice change from the normal media representation of Detroit. I'm not from Detroit, so I don't know much about the school. They seem like great kids.