Tennessee is not recruiting well just because they got 18 dudes
Logan Tuley-Tillman was invited to the Opening yesterday, making it 7 Michigan commits invited (Shane Morris, David Dawson, Taco Charlton, Mike McCray, Jourdan Lewis, Jake Butt, & LTT) and tying it with USC and Florida with most commits invited. Michigan targets who will also be in attendance: Laquon Treadwell, Kendall Fuller, Leon McQuay III, Alvin Bailey, Paul Harris, & Joe Mathis.
Per Angelique Chengelis on Twitter:
Michigan announces jerseys worn by Oosterbaan (47), Ford (48) and Kramer (87) returning to field with "Football Legend" designation
Edit: Confirmed on MGoBlue.com:
Following are the tentative dates for recognizing legend status for Oosterbaan, Ford and Kramer:
- Bennie Oosterbaan -- Air Force (Sept. 8)
- Ron Kramer -- Massachusetts (Sept. 15)
- Gerald Ford -- Illinois (Oct. 13)
Edit 2: via @umichfootball, two quotes from Dave Brandon;
"The Ford, Kramer & Oosterbaan families want to see their family member honored in this way way."
"We have yet to have any discussions with the Wistert or Harmon families."
He'll probably go to texas.
Last night BTN was replaying the Georgia - MSU Outback bowl from last year. I had not seen the game, and admitedly, did not watch the whole game last night. However, as I've read MGoBlog for the last few years, I began to watch the game differently, and began to focus on the play of one player, as I've done multiple times in Brian's great Michigan breakdown and grading of Michigan players.
Last night I focused on Gholston, as I had heard that he had an outstanding game, and as a top defenseman we will be going against next year, it seemed relevent. Anyway, here are my observations;
- Georgia seemed to run away from Gholston a lot, either up the middle or towards the opposite sideline
- Ghoslton appears to be a high risk high reward type of guy (ala Jake Ryan in the early part of the 2011)using speed to explode up field, but often losing edge contain for cutbacks
- Non of this may matter as Ace and Brian pointed out that Gholston was kept in check by our next great OT in Lewan
- Non Gholston tidbit, I think Michigan will do much better against the interior. Jerel Wrthy is unstopable when he jumped the snap, and he did that a lot against us last year
Anyway, since it is the offseason, and it appears the BTN will show a lot of footbal now that baseball is over, I was wondering if anyone else now watches games like this after reading MGoBlog for a while. Also, anyone who wants to correct my assessment feel free.
Detroit Free Press reporter Mark Snyder just tweeted this:
Hoke on Alabama radio: Gerald Ford's No. 48 jersey will be worn by a UM player this year to honor him... No. 1 in "near future" not this yr
That's a retired jersey number.
UPDATE: Bennie Oosterbaan (#47) and Ron Kramer (#87) will also become Legends this fall. Click here for more details in a more recent thread.