Sorry this is late. Today was the one day per year that I have to go out of town for my job.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOsIx0ngGng
Hoke's evening press conference has been summarized (free content) at both the Wolverine and Scout.
Here are a few quick notes:
- Mealer would start at LG if the season began today.
- Funk is trying different combos to have 8 or so guys in the OL mix.
- Roundtree is progressing nicely, and Hoke thinks he'll start against Bama.
- Pipkins is back at full practice.
- Hoke is pleased with the "physicalness" of the 19th practice.
- The freshmen are adjusting well and doing well.
- Toussaint and Clark have not yet been cleared to play vs. Bama.
- The DL coaches are trying different formations to get more beef on the line at the same time. I.e., they want to have BWC and Pipkins et al all playing at the same time on the line in a "big package."
- Gardner is doing well at both QB & WR.
Like all the rest of the guys here, I'm starved for news and looking forward to the season. One comment: Hoke seems very positive and pleased, with not many critical comments. I'm waiting to hear what Mattison has to say.
Just uploaded this documentary from 2006 on the Michigan vs state rivalry. It aired on FSN the night before Michigan whipped John L Smith for the final time, 31-13.
We all knew he was back at practice, but it's great to hear he is in full pads and ready to go. Can't wait to watch him play.
Go Blue, Beat Bama.
Detroit News reports that on Wednesday, the UM football team is heading for Ford Field in Detroit to practice for the season opener at Cowboys Stadium. It will be a practice, not a scrimmage. Hoke feels practicing at Ford Field will give his team a chance to get used to that dome environment.
In the article, Hoke states "(We will) practice with some situational, two-minute (drills), put the high-pressure stuff on them..."
"We're going to go down there and change up the environment a little bit,... and have some distractions that are built in when you do that. We've been doing some crowd noise. I think AC/DC was on today when we did some first-down stuff."