further adventures in Jed York being unsuited for his position
So, I see that mgoblog has the unofficial depth chart as of 8/27/11 up under the "helpful stuff" tab. Most of it makes sense. There are a few questions
- Is Avery conclusively the starter over Floyd at CB2?
- Has Campbell truly fallen to 3rd string at DT?
- Is Barnum the starter or is he dinged? And if you are dinged, do you stay at first string even if you don't play a game or two?
- Is Brink really officially the starter at DE? Wow. Props to him, and if this doesn't motivate players with schollies, nothing will.
- In one of the interviews, Mattison talked about having a rotation of guys going in and out, in order to keep players fresh. Is this only on the defensive line, or also true with the LB? With the secondary? Looking at the two deep, I'm thinking that Jake Ryan, Desmond Morgan, J.B. Fitzgerald, Carvin Johnson, Marvin Robinson, and J.T. Floyd will see a lot of PT. I'm assuming things will shake out over the next couple weeks. I also assume some on my list are more meh, and some I haven't listed (who are charted as 2nd and even 3rd string) will also see significant PT.
- Wiles & Gibbons, starting at P & K. May the force be with them. "Brandon . . . just use the force. let it guide your accuracy. "
I'm going to take my kids to the Penn State-Purdue game in Happy Valley on 10/15. We've always wanted to see the place and it looks like a great game day experience. Does anyone have a ticket connection or suggestions as to where to find tickets? I need three (bad number, I know). Also if there are any recommendations on restaurants, parking, tailgaiting, etc., I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
According to a tweet by UMGoBlog Powe decided to drop by for the Notre dame Game
I guess WR will be the next spot taken, interesting hmmm
This came across my twitter feed from @thearttheart about an hour ago...
"Good News: Michigan football in 6 days. Bad News: No weekly wallpapers this season unless you can upgrade my daily allotment of 24 hours."
I'm devastated, as I'm sure many of you are as well. Angry Michigan Photoshop Artist Hating God has struck with a vengeance.
Mike Florio and the rest of Profootballtalk.com. continue their personal vendetta against Suh, with this recent post. My own personal disdain about these kind of attacks against Suh aside, this seems like a witch hunt. I can talk about Suh's abnormal strength until I'm blue in the face, but this all boils down to certain individuals jumping to conslusions. If you watch the Dalton play over, it was not a dirty play at all, it was just the ridiculous strength Suh has. He wants to punish Quarterbacks certainly, which doesn't make him any different than any defensive player in foootball. What makes him different, is like I stated, his uniquie power. Add to that his quickness off the line, and his technique, and he's the most feared player in football.
When he tackles someone like he's capable of, it's going to look vicious at times. But, save for the hit against Delholme last pre season, I'm hard pressed to find a play in which I'd fine Ndamukong.
That being said, I can only say one thing about the possibility of Ndamukong Suh getting fined again......