Pat Forde released his annual 40 observations and declarations for the upcoming season. Link? LINK
2. If Ohio State isn’t 12-0 headed to the Big Ten championship game, something went wrong. The Buckeyes play just five FBS teams that had winning records last year, avoid Nebraska and Michigan State in inter-divisional play, and draw Wisconsin and Penn State in Columbus. Take care of business in Evanston on Oct. 5 and Ann Arbor on Nov. 30, and the Buckeyes will quite likely be both undefeated and overrated.
11. Michigan State and Purdue are looking at diametrically opposite schedules over the first two-thirds of the season. The Spartans only play one FBS team in the first eight games that had a winning record in 2012 (at Notre Dame on Sept. 21). The Boilermakers only play one team in the first eight games that didn’t go to a bowl game in 2012 (Indiana State on Sept. 7). Advantage, Sparty.
22. Speaking of that Wisconsin-Arizona State game: It’s the second straight season the Badgers have traveled to Pac-12 territory. Last year it didn’t work out so well, with Oregon State scoring a 10-7 upset that set the tone for both teams’ seasons. This year it will be the first big test for new Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen.
23. Athletic director Tom Osborne’s lovely parting gift for Bo Pelini at Nebraska: four non-conference home games to start the year. The Big Ten added a fifth straight against Illinois. The Cornhuskers do not play a road game against a team that finished 2012 with a winning record until Nov. 9, at Michigan.
35. Penn State’s only true road game in the first half of the season is at Indiana, which is as false as true road games get. There will be plenty of seats available for Nittany Lions fans willing to make the trip to Bloomington.
So the "chickens" drop the Michigan series supposed to allow for their ACC five game commitment. Now they line up this inferior pair of games against a much lesser ASU team. What punks - Hoke couldn't have been more dead on with his discription of these dopes.
Ones of note-
Michigan- 91 Overall, 91 Offense, 92 Defense
ohio- 95 overall, 97 offense, 92 defense
sparty- 91 overall (LOL), 90 offense (LOL!!), 93 defense
Alabama- 99 overall, 99 offense, 99 defense
Notre Dame- 93 overall, 93 offense, 93 defense
I shall post more details on this game as the day goes on because I am currently digging through the interwebs for more information.
Screenshot from the game-
Here are the top-10 rated players on Michigan's roster, per Operation Sports video
Per his twitter, he is not taking his last official visits. I have to think this does not bode well for us.
RedEye: What would you have given to play with a quarterback like a Jay Cutler? Terrell: (Laughs, for a long time) I would have cut off both my balls. I’d give those up, no problem. You could have neutered me. I woulda been neutered with a smile. Shit, man, for real.http://www.redeyechicago.com/sports/redeye-redeye-gets-call-from-david-t...