Due to the stupid (yes, I sound like a child) 70-man limit on the rosters in NCAA Football...we have to decide who should be in the game. That said, please provide some help on who you think should be inlcluded this year...
Maurice Hurst, Jr.
Who's Next? The strong candidate for this spot is definitely Lakewood (OH) St. Edward cornerback Shaun Crawford, who finally came out and named the Wolverines his leader yesterday after another good visit for the event. Mark got the impression that he may be nearing a decision, wanting to talk to his parents soon about where things stand. The timing of when it may happen is unclear, but it could very well be soon. He's the one player to keep an eye on in the near future. Could get my script cancelled for this, but I've experienced worse.
I would like to ask the MGoBlog community for some advice.
For the CMU game, I am coming to Ann Arbor and bringing my family to their first Michigan game. I have only attended one game myself (2002 PSU game – OT win). My daughters are 6 & 8 yrs. old. They are getting into Michigan (my favorite quote so far was “Daddy, so it doesn’t matter who is playing, if Michigan State is playing we root for the other team”) but we are still at the point of the game needing to be an event (translation: wings, meat/cheese, other snacks). I want to make the most of our trip to Ann Arbor making it fun for the family to help with the frequency of returned trips. I picked the CMU game figuring that it was a game that should be in hand, if for some reason we need to leave early. In addition, it is a non-rivalry game, so the crowd should be more family friendly.
I am not a Michigan alum (unfortunately – lived in Iowa and went with the in state tuition).
- Best way to get tickets for non-alum? (Price is not necessarily a problem, but don’t want to get ridiculous either.)
- What sections are preferred for kids? (Too close to the band may be an issue with my 6 yr. old)
- Where is the best place to park to tailgate that is family friendly (exact opposite question I would have asked 10 yrs ago)? And how soon would I need to get there to actually get a spot?
- Advice on family friendly game day activities before the game (i.e., team walk to stadium, band)
- Want to walk around campus (taking pictures, etc.) - what are the parts of campus that are a must see?
- Will be in town Friday night; are there any events the night before games worth checking out (family friendly ones)?
- Any other advice regarding food, sites to see, etc. will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for all of the advice. Go Blue
Version 3 of the 2014 ESPN 300 is out. In the overall team rankings, Michigan fell three spots to #6, but I'm not even worried. Everybody ahead of us has class sizes bigger than ours (Miami, Tennessee, and FSU are all over 20 already), and it's obviously still a long way from signing day.
I don't have historical data, so no context for where our recruits are ranked, but here's where they are in this latest edition:
2. Jabrill Peppers
72. Drake Harris
76. Bryan Mone
112. Lawrence Marshall
118. Ian Bunting
122. Juwann Bushell-Beatty
123. Michael Ferns
128. Wilton Speight
146. Mason Cole
I wonder if he will still face suspension?
EDIT: Apparently, the victim didn't want to press charges. Weird.