the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
Please sir, may I have some more Hopkins?
This is a prediction/guesstimate on what the 2011 recruiting class could potentially look like. Please don't read too much into any of this, and don't freak out either. (I know you will anyway, but it makes me feel better to tell you not to). I'm only going to put recruits that I think Michigan will get as of right now. This doesn't factor in kids with grade issues, or anything else.
- Commit - Kevin Sousa, 6'2", 213 lbs, 3 star, Orlando, Florida
- Marquise Williams 6'3", 218 lbs, 3 star, Charlotte, North Carolina: Committed to UNC right now, but assuming that North Carolina is about to implode due to NCAA sanctions Michigan has a good shot with Marquise. It will be either Sousa or Williams, most likely not both.
- Commit - Demetrius Hart 5'8", 190 lbs, 4 star, Orlando, Florida
- Devondrick Nealy 5'10", 175 lbs, 3 star, Monticello, Florida: Recently named Michigan as his favorite after his visit. He also struck a friendship with Demetrius Hart, and has said he would like to team up with Hart in college.
- Prince Holloway 5'9", 155 lbs, 3 star, Cape Coral, Florida: Nealy is more of a priority than Holloway, but I have heard that Michigan leads for Prince right now. We'll see how this plays itself out if both want to choose Michigan. I would expect Nealy to be in the class before Holloway.
- Commit - Shawn Conway 6'4", 180 lbs, 3 star, Birmingham, Michigan
- Sammy Watkins 6'1", 180 lbs, 4 star, Fort Myers, Florida: The more I hear about Sammy, the more I think he will be in this class. I have heard it's between Michigan and Miami right now. Miami is having some problems with transfers, and as I've said before losing some commitments. If they lose QB commit Teddy Bridgewater (which could happen) I think it may turn Michigan's way.
- Chris Gallon 6'4", 185 lbs, 3 star, Orlando, Florida: If he gets offered, Michigan will be the leader. Teammates with Demetrius Hart, he will be visiting for the Illinois game.
- Still in it with: Hakeem Flowers (6'2", 173 lbs, 3 star)
- Drew Owens 6'5", 227 lbs, 3 star, Charlotte, North Carolina: Owens or Jack Tabb seem like the few options left still listing Michigan very high on their list. It's a toss up between the two, as of right now.
- Jack Tabb 6'4", 230 lbs, 3 star, Red Bank, New Jersey: Same goes for Tabb. They're working on getting him in for an official. it's most likely one or the other of these two.
- Commit - Kellen Jones 6'1", 210 lbs, 3 star, Houston, Texas
- Commit - Brennen Beyer 6'4", 222 lbs, 4 star, Canton, Michigan
- Antonio Kinard 6'4", 215 lbs, 3 star, Youngstown, Ohio: 2010 commit, may still be included in this class.
- Kris Frost 6'3", 210 lbs, 4 star, Matthews, North Carolina: For argument sake I'm just going to put Frost under this category. He'll get a chance to play wide receiver.
- Sean Duggan 6'4", 215 lbs, 3 star, Cincinnati, Ohio: I think Michigan is moving up Duggan's list the more he is around the program. He recently came up for a visit, and will be in for his official in early December. He's down to Michigan, Duke, Boston College, and Virginia.
- Darryl Monroe 6'1", 215 lbs, 3 star, Orlando, Florida: He will be visiting with his Dr. Phillips teammates for the Illinois game. If Michigan offers I would expect us to lead.
- Still in it with: Austin Traylor (6'4", 210 lbs, 4 star, Columbus, Ohio)
- Commit - Greg Brown 5'11", 180 lbs, 3 star, Fremont, Ohio: Recently took a visit to Syracuse. We'll see what happens.
- Commit - Delonte Hollowell 5'9", 165 lbs, 4 star, Detroit, Michigan
- Dallas Crawford 5'10", 185 lbs, 3 star, Fort Myers, Florida: I've heard nothing but positive things towards Dallas and Michigan. He might even be working on his teammate Sammy Watkins for Michigan.
- Still in it with: Daren Kitchen (6'1", 172 lbs, 3 star, Houma, Louisiana)
- Roderick Ryles 6'1", 185 lbs, 3 star, Orlando, Florida: Visiting with Dr. Phillips teammates for the Illinois game. If the visit goes well I would expect Michigan to take the lead.
- Avery Walls 5'11", 185 lbs, 4 star, McDonough, Georgia: I'm still optimistic with Avery, but his visit to Oregon makes me a little nervous. I still think he ends up with Michigan as of right now.
- Still in it with: Byron Moore (6'1", 205 lbs, JUCO, Wilmington, California), Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix (6'2", 190 lbs, 5 star, Orlando, Florida), Karlos Williams (6'2", 210 lbs, 5 star, Davenport, Florida), Wayne Lyons (6'0", 190 lbs, 4 star, Fort Lauderdale, Florida)
- Commit - Tony Posada 6'6", 315 lbs. 3 star. Tampa, Florida
- Commit - Jake Fisher 6'7", 260 lbs, 3 star, Traverse City, Michigan
- Commit - Jack Miller 6'4", 268 lbs, 3 star, Perrysburg, Ohio
- Chris Bryant 6'5", 330 lbs, 4 star, Chicago, Illinois: Just set up his official visit for the Big Chill game.
- James Elliott 6'4", 305 lbs, 3 star, Pensacola, Florida: He'll be back up to Michigan for his official in December. He's waiting for his official offer from Michigan. If he gets it, he will commit.
- Commit - Chris Rock 6'5", 250 lbs, 3 star, Columbus, Ohio: May move to defensive tackle.
- Anthony Zettel 6'4", 247 lbs, 4 star, West Branch, Michigan: If Michigan can continue to show improvement, and Rich Rod isn't fired then I would expect Anthony to pick Michigan
- Still in it with: Ray Drew (6'5", 243 lbs, 4 star, Thomasville, Georgia), Deion Barnes (6'5", 220 lbs, 4 star, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania), Damon Knox (6'5", 265 lbs, 3 star, Muskegon, Michigan)
- Darian Cooper 6'3", 275 lbs, 3 star, Hyattsville, Maryland: Will be visiting in December. Michigan needs to continue to improve and win a few more to make Darian feel comfortable.
- Still in it with: Kevin McReynolds (6'2", 281 lbs, 4 star, Washington DC), Tim Jernigan (6'2", 275 lbs, 4 star, Lake City, Florida), Mickey Johnson (6'1", 310 lbs, 4 star, Covington, Louisiana)
Just got a phone call from DeAnthony Arnett's brother; Michigan coaches will be at DeAnthony's game on Saturday. I believe it will be Fred Jackson, but not positive.
***Rod Smith was also at Dr. Phillips yesterday, and a few of the coaches will be out to see DT Kevin McReynolds tomorrow.
Basically what the AD's voted on, but with guaranteed cross division games for the Cali schools. Also, story says they are moving to an equal distribution of TV revenues (more or less).
EDIT: BTW, anyone hear anything on names for the B10 divisions?
[ed: verboten premium C&P. he's visiting in December, FWIW.]
There is a nice fluff article by Sam Webb on the recruiting of DE Chris Wormley. (http://detnews.com/article/20101021/OPINION03/10210415/1131/sports0201/Wolverines--Buckeyes-lead-pursuit-of-Toledo-defensive-end) What a huge get this would be for the program! Obviously, no single player makes or breaks a class. But I am thrilled to see us recruiting more head to head with tOSU. For a while, it seemed that we were a step behind them, but no more.