good luck with that
According to Mike Ferell, Michigan has contacted Rutgers 4-star OT commit Chris Muller.
This post is to collect some of the info out there on remaining prospects, posted by Ace two days ago, and also from Scout and the board and other sources. The consensus is that we are still in it for:
- Garnett (Michigan, Stanford) decision: today, Jan. 26
- Diamond (Michigan, Arkansas) decision: Feb. 3
- Reeves (Michigan, Ohio State) decision: TBD
- Kozan (Michigan, Iowa, Auburn) decision: after Hoke's visit this Friday, edit: 1/27.)
- Grant (Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma) decision: TBD
Given that Stacey decommitted and is going to Cincinnati, we have exactly five spots left. From Aqua, I gather that Garnett literally didn't know whether he would go to Stanford or Michigan as of last night. According to Ace, Diamond maintains no leader, but yesterday, an inside poster vetted by Brian suggested that Michigan has maintained a slight lead all year long for Diamond. I have seen no leader given for the others.
Of course, it would be tremendous if all five came to Michigan. I suppose the probability is low, but one can always hope.
A few questions:
- Is there anything missing above (i.e., decision dates, or a clear source indicating that things are leaning blue (or otherwise) for any of them? I also wonder if any are waiting for the shoe to drop with others before they pull the trigger. My suspicion is that they are all good enough, they aren't making a decision based on what anyone else does.
- Are there any other prospects I've missed? For example, could Gregory receive an offer if one of the others goes elsewhere? FTR, I'm assuming from Ace & Scout that the ship has sailed for Dodson, Madaris, & Diggs. (BTW, what happened with Diggs? I don't remember.)
- I know that Hoke is visiting Kozan, and that he visited Garnett, and that Mattison visited Reeves Tuedsday. Are there any more visits planned, beyond Kozan?
Regarding the remaining recruits, I really want all of them for Michigan, and can't choose between them. Can you? Garnett, Diamond, and Reeves are all highly skilled, and could make an impact soon. (What an OL class!!! Best ever?) And Kozan & Grant are both in positions of significant need, even though they're not rated as highly. Michigan already has a very good class. May these five put the cherry on top and set us up well for the future.
I want to make sure we’re not taking anything away from the University of Michigan,” Weaver said. “That’s not the intent. The intent is to get the best use of replay that we can. …
“I totally realize that had the call been upheld, that does not guarantee Virginia Tech wins the game because Michigan had to have its offensive series. But at least it would have recognized a legitimate touchdown.
Via Rick Stroud (Bucs writer for the Tampa Bay Times) on Twitter:
620 WDAE in Tampa is reporting Rutgers coach Greg Schiano is possibly going to be the Bucs next HC. No confirmation of that from Bucs.
Interesting to say the least...
EDIT, sounds all but official:
Via Adam Schefter:
Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay plans to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as the next Buccaneers head coach. Two sides trying to finalize contract.
I love seeing the Fab 5 guys involved with other Michigan athletes. I look forward to the whole group being around campus again.
Money Molk Quote:
He's certain of one thing, though: He has doubters.
And he knows exactly where they can go.
"It's just, stuff like that pisses me off," Molk said, voice rising. "Any scout who denies me pisses me off. 'Oh, this is what you got. You’re not good enough.'
"Well, (to hell with) you, let me show you what I got."
The Sugar Bowl story about his mother and his past antics with the press I'll miss him the most next season. Good news is he's a Michigan Legend already and the bar has been set for future M centers.