at least it's not just us?
Has Coach Hoke visited Jacob Fisher yet? Here's hoping it goes well and that Fisher recommits to Michigan!
Tom is having trouble posting on the site, so follow him on Twitter for the latest updates - Tim
- TX TE Chris Barnett. Arkansas soft commit. Also considering Texas A&M and others.
- MI RB Thomas Rawls. Looking for a Michigan offer (waiting on a qualifying test score). Announcing on Signing Day.
- OH LB Commit Antonio Poole. Committed to Michigan Tuesday.
- MD DT Darian Cooper. Had an in-home with DC Greg Mattison yesterday. Scout's Gene Hankerson is feeling good about the situation there. Iowa and Michigan State are the main competition. Iowa was out in front, who knows if the news that they try to kill their players will affect him.
- OH DE Commit Keith Heitzman. Committed last Saturday.
Arizona OL Ryan Nowicki is not coming. He has been telling me he feels good about being committed to Penn State, so it's not a big surprise. They were in on Ryan late anyway, so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.
Don't be surprised if some of these guys end up committing to Michigan on Signing Day - or even before that, if the visit weekend goes well. Expect some of Michigan's current commits to unofficially visit as well.
The list is subject to change over the next 24 hours. Stay tuned for updates.
It's a long shot but who knows.
Scout's Eugene Hankerson tweeted that he feels good about "this one" and I think he's talking about Darian Cooper, but it isn't clear. Can anyone with access to Scout premium confirm? Because everyone else seems to think that while Cooper is visiting, we don't have a good shot. Landing Cooper would be a huge coup, pardon the pun, b/c we desperately need a DT.
“I really wanted to stay. I was not giving up on Michigan, but in the end, it was made clear they had given up on me,” Forcier wrote.
A few weeks earlier, he was on a plane flying home early from the Gator Bowl, away from his teammates. He was academically ineligible even though, as he told the Detroit Free Press days before his departure, “You really have to try to flunk out here. All you have to do is go to class, it's not that hard.”
I know that this is almost old news at this point, but I thought this article nailed exactly how I felt about the thing. I was extremely irked by the "Michigan gave up on me" quote during a "press release" that attempted to portray Tate as someone who was taking responsibility for his actions. Frankly, it's something that he never did while he was here. He was an exciting player for sure, and I hope he pulls everything together down the road, but if that press release was any indication, he's got a ways to go still.