Coaches' timeouts are worse. Basketball teams should get one, full stop.
Warren De La Salle QB Shane Morris (6'3", 183 lbs) was offered by Michigan this morning. You can check out his sophomore highlights here. He's in the 2013 class so this is way early, but he already has verbal offers from Michigan, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, and Toledo. He's supposed to be one of, if not the top prospects in Michigan next year.
The offer came this morning. We called Coach Jackson and talked to him and Coach Borges. They said that they'd love for me to be the quarterback at Michigan, and that they want me to come there.
Morris was up for the Tom Lemming photo shoot on Saturday and also got to take in practice.
I had to leave early, but I got to watch practice. Everything looked good. I actually saw a lot, I went to practice last year and everything is a lot different. It's real upbeat and it's more of the traditional Big Ten football, which is good. I'm going out to MSU's spring practice on Friday, and I'll sit down with Coach Dantonio. I've also been talking to a coach from Stanford.
It's too early to even talk about decisions or timelines with him but Shane is just trying to take everything in for now.
I'm just staying humble, and I'm not satisfied with everything. I want to keep getting better. I'm really keeping my mind open to see where I fall in love. I don't want to say I'm a pro style quarterback because I can run too. Michigan is running a lot of stuff under center, but keeping some of the other stuff from last year which is the best of both worlds really. My dad is a football coach and that's the offense he likes to run too.
I should also point out that Morris and his family are all Michigan fans.
While I don't think either are ready and both should come back that is not the current reality of the NBA. The NBA draft is now more like baseball. Draft on potential and wait 3 years. While I love both, I think Hardaway has the bigger upside as a pro prospect. While everyone is talking about Morris probably coming back and then leaving next year, I could see Hardaway leaving next year as well. Am I out on a very remote wing here or does anyone else feel the same? While Morris may be more imoportant to Michigan I think Hardaway has a more NBA style game.
Regardles of your stance I think we can all agree that we hope their parents make them stay.
There are going to be visitors all week, not just the weekend so I figured I would post this now. You can take a look at the visitors from last weekend here. As always there will be names added and dropped as plans change. Here's who I have confirmed so far.
- Tuesday: Kentucky QB Zeke Pike (6'5", 220 lbs). Offers from everywhere and will be one of the top quarterbacks in this class. I confirmed with him that he will be in on Tuesday.
- Tuesday: Ohio LB Kaleb Ringer (6'0", 220 lbs). Visiting Michigan again. Announcing on the 15th.
- Not coming anymore: Indiana TE/DE Pierre Aka (6'4", 250 lbs). He was supposed to make it in last weekend but had to reschedule. He's hoping for an offer, and if he gets it there's a chance he could pull the trigger.
- Saturday: Ohio QB Austin Appleby (6'5", 228 lbs). Took a visit to Florida this past weekend and recently took a trip to U Conn as well. Also still hoping for an offer. I think he will eventually get one depending on how things play out with the other qb prospects.
- Saturday: Ohio QB Maty Mauk (6'2", 185 lbs). Does have a Michigan offer, and seems to be impressed with the new Michigan coaches. This visit could help Michigan move along in the process.
I have tried Pioneer with no answers. Does anyone know what the cost is for cars and RVs at Pioneer? We have 6 cars and an RV headed to the Spring Game.
Glad to see Sparty is really sticking to their guns... Dion Sims is back after a nice one year vacation.
Edit: I see it was discussed in the Dean of Discipline thread that I missed. My apologies to the board.
One of my surprises in spring was that Wilkins was moved to SDE. I thought he was more of a speed rusher due to his body type. Since I have not seen him in person this year, has he been able to add a significant amount of weight for the position and how is he carrying it (e.g. is he still explosive)? I have no doubt the staff knows a few things about DEs so I don't need the standard "Hur, trust the coaches", I am only looking for an update on one of the guys I really liked as a recruit.