Junior Hemingway just got his first catch for the Chiefs...which was a touchdown! Congrats to Mr. Hemingway.
- All-Time Record moves to 905-315-36
- All-Time Home record moves to 592-137-26
- Michigan gets win #400 at The Big House moving the record to 400-125-15
- Michigan is now 5-2-1 agains tthe #14 ranked team in the AP Poll
- The series record with the Fig Thing Chickens is now 24-16-1
- Michigan's record against Division I-FBS Independents (Army, BYU & ND) is now 28-22-1
- Michigan ends the rivalry with a 4 game home winning streak
- Michigan is now 15-8 (.652) when College Gameday is there including a perfect 5-0 against ND.
- Michigan moves to 26-15 all-time in Night Games
- Michigan is 2-0 in Under The Lights
- Brendan Gibbons is now the holder of the consecutive FGs made record with an active streak of 16, surpassing Remy Hamilton's 14.
- Jeremy Gallon had his fourth career 100yd receiving game.
- Devin Gardner had his 3rd career 250-yard passing game, going 21-33 for 294 yards. The last time a Michigan QB had a 250-yard passing game against a ranked opponent and won was Chad Henne in the 2008 Capital One Bowl.
Thanks to ironman for the correction on the Gallon stat.
So now that UTL II is over, Michigan's won (HELL YEAH) and we're all basking in the pleasant glow of victory, one thing I noticed during the game was how loud Notre Dame's band was. I mean from the student section you could hear them from the opposite corner of the stadium. I could barely even hear our band even though I was seated almost right behind them.
You heard the contrast in the halftime show, too. When Notre Dame was doing their number I remember thinking to myself, "Huh. I can actually hear the songs they're playing." Of course they got booed as they entered the stadium, and again to a lesser extent as they started their halftime performance, but after they were done I actually heard applause for them. I joined in. Hey, they earned it. They were good. (I feel okay saying this since we won.)
Anyone else, or am I Irish-crazy?
A few nice lines about our team:
Threw this little diddy together over the summer. Looks like I'm gonna be doing some editing to it to include this year. Go Blue!