I thought that myself when I read that article that talked about a Data Scientist(tm)
So here is the podcast. Interview already happened.
A very educated kid. Wants to go somewhere where he will be prepared for med school and someplace with lots of sunshine.
Hopefully one of two is good.
Interestingly, wants to play left tackle too.
Per ESPN, Penn State's three QB's are all in some sort of trouble and there is no clear picture as to who will be starting for their bowl game:
- McGloin has a concussion after starting a fight with a WR.
- Bolden was busted for stealing gatorade from a store.
- Paul Jones has academic issues that may make him ineligible.
Hopefully no one picked PSU to win in their bowl confidence pools....
AA.com had an interesting article from their sister-site in New Orleans to some of the background that went into the decision making of picking Michigan and VT. Also some thoughts on how the BCS may evolve.
Some highlights of interest (to me at least):
- The double bowl game (this and championship) seems to be wearing on the committee.
- Oklahoma may have taken our spot if they had won. Or at least shifted us around.
- Saying that, the Sugar was locked in on Michigan as someone they wanted for a long time.
- It really came down to VT vs. KSU. Stanford, Boise, and West Virginia were elligble, but never really considered.
- KSU AD doesn't think he schmoozed enough, and that the ACC commish and Sugar Bowl guy being college teammates was a factor.
- They want to get ride of the Big East, but can't till 2014.
- Worried about only one at large team per conference (ie. "can't we just fill the BCS with ALL SEC teams?")
- And most intersting to me, they don't like the post Jan 1 BCS games, because of travel, work and school conflicts. Which I do miss the 1st being an orgy of football with the Fiesta in the later afternoon/early evening up against the Rose, and the Sugar and Orange at night that day. Getting excited for the one game at night, days later, (unless Michigan is in it) just isn't the same.
It gets into a little more detail than I did, but those were the points that stuck out to me.
Might be a good job for him and a good fit, but after all his game mis-management gafs this year, Pitt may not make that leap.
How awkward that would be for the former UM players that transferred there to play for a former Ohio coach. Gotta feel for those kids in Pitt for all the hassle they've endured.
So I'm not sure if this has been already posted, or if anyone is aware of this, but Mike Martin has a whole series of YouTube videos about him being a "Category of one", walking around with his shirt off, and just generally chilling out and stuff. I thought that they were pretty funny and thought that the board might enjoy them as well.