I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU SONNY
So I was working on a Diary version of this when all of a sudden it went boom. Instead I'm going to do the quick version here. Mods, if you want to bump it. If not, understood.
Pretty much, rewatching the spring game, I noticed that Mike Martin was lining up all over the place. There's been some concern on the board that Martin is playing the NT/1-tech position rather than the 3-tech which will be BWC or Q-Wash. My contention is that while as a base MM will be a NT, he's going to get chances to showcase his great athletic ability.
In this "Michigan Video" we see Martin line up as the Nose/1Tech often. But he moves around. At 2:29 for example he's standing up behind Roh.
In this "Ravens Video" you'll see Ngata lined up at Nose, 1Tech, 3 Tech, 5 Tech, and in a 2 point stance:
It's my contention that Mattison inteds to use Martin the same way he used Ngata. He's not going to be your typical space-eating NT, he's going to be moved all over the field, create mismatches, and even drop into coverage at times - like for his spring practice Pick-6.
I pulled a lot more specific examples of them lining up the same in the 2 videos, but you get the idea.
Embed Troubles, links here:
Jonas Mouton is listed as a reach...
"Jonas Mouton/LB/San Diego/Round 2/No. 61: Mouton was a solid linebacker at Michigan, but scouts questioned his instincts and were concerned about his 4.8 forty time at the combine. Many also think he's better suited to play in a 4-3 alignment versus the 3-4 employed by the Chargers."
I actually think that Mouton fits best as an ILB in a 3-4 which should keep him from having to play in space.
Since I'm three hours behind EST I probably won't be awake for "the news" that's supposed to happen tomorrow morning. You might want to tune in to WTKA in the morning, though. FYI.
Bucknuts is reporting that Ohio State sophomore linebacker Dorian Bell was suspended for the year. Alongtheolentangy picked up the story, which is where I saw it, and said that it would be for a team rule that he broke for a third time.
- Oregon at LSU, Boise State at Georgia
- Notre Dame at Michigan, Alabama at Penn State, Utah at USC
- Auburn at Clemson Texas at UCLA, Oklahoma at Florida State
- Arkansas at Alabama,LSU at West Virginia
- Arizona at USC, Nevada at Boise State, Michigan State at Ohio State, Nebraska at Wisconsin
- Ohio Stateat Nebraska, Auburnat Arkansas, Floridaat LSU, Oklahomaat Texas
- Oklahoma State at Texas Michiganat Michigan State, Miami (Fl) at North Carolina
- Oklahoma State at Missouri, North Carolina at Clemson, USC at Notre Dame
- Stanford at USC, Wisconsin at Ohio State, Florida at Georgia
- Texas A&M at Oklahoma, Stanford at Oregon State, LSU at Alabama
- Miami (FL) at Florida State, West Virginia at Cincinnati,Oregon at Stanford, Alabama at Mississippi State
- USC at Oregon, Penn State at Ohio State, Nebraska at Michigan
- Alabama at Auburn, Notre Dame at Stanford, Florida Stateat Florida, Ohio State at Michigan
My predictions in bold
Yet another new Wolverine, and we're on the front page again. Action since last rankings:
4-27-11 Ohio State gains commitment from Frank Epitropoulos.
4-29-11 Michigan gains commitment from Joe Bolden.
4-30-11 Michigan State gains commitments from Benny McGowan, Zach Higgins, and Riley Bullough.
|Big Ten+ Recruiting Class Rankings|
|Rank||School||# Commits||Rivals Watchlist||Scout Avg||ESPN Watchlist||24/7 Avg|
All rankings will be on the 5-star scale this year (when available) for easier comparing across services. Full data after the jump.