well that's just, like, your opinion, man
Notes on some of the Michigan commits:
Jabrill Peppers is up to #7 overall (from #11) and #2 CB (from #4).
Drake Harris is down 2 spots to #28 overall, one spot away from being a 5 star.
Chase Winovich is now a 4 star (from 3 star) and #17 OLB (from #28).
Ian Bunting is still a 3 star, which seems a little surprising.
Wilton Speight is also still a 3 star.
Penalties in this case include:
- Public reprimand and censure.
- Two years of probation from June 7, 2013 through June 6, 2015.
- A one-year show-cause order for the former assistant coach, which prevents him from recruiting activities and booster interaction. The public report contains further details.
- A reduction of the number of official visits to 39, from the four-year average of 41, for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years (Self-imposed by the university).
- A reduction of the number of recruiting days during the spring evaluation period by four, from 168 to 164, for the 2013-14 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
- A reduction in the number of total scholarships by two, from 85 to 83, for the 2012-13 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
- A reduction in the number of initial and total scholarships by two, from 25 to 23 and 85 to 83, respectively, for the 2013-14 academic year (Self-imposed by the university).
- For the first two conference contests of the 2013 season, complimentary admissions to football recruits will be prohibited (Self-imposed by the university).
- Disassociation of the booster by the university’s athletics program. Details of the disassociation can be found in the public report (Self-imposed by the university)
Seems incredibly light considering the nature of the violation... and cover up
Betting lines for a lot of college football games were released today by the Golden Nugget. I don't bet personally, but of course these sorts of things are very informative for how the people that set such things perceive a team's strength to be.
The Michigan lines that are out so far:
Notre Dame at Michigan (Pick 'Em)
Michigan (-12) at Connecticut
Minnesota at Michigan (-15)
Michigan (-2.5) at Penn State
Michigan at Michigan State (-3)
Nebraska at Michigan (-4)
Michigan at Northwestern (-3)
Michigan at Iowa (+10.5)
Ohio at Michigan (+6)
The only Big Ten line that they haven't released for Michigan is vs. Indiana, but that's obviously going to favor Michigan. This would place Michigan 5-3 in the Big Ten this year, and while many publications are projecting a Michigan vs. Ohio Big Ten Championship game, I have a hard time believing that one of the other Legends teams wouldn't go 6-2.
Degenerate gambler Adam Kramer has a full rundown of the lines released on his blog Kegs'n'Eggs: http://kegsneggsblog.com/2013/06/07/golden-nugget-releases-250-college-football-point-spreads-for-2013-regular-season/
What does everyone think? Obviously some of these lines are going to move quite a bit, but I always find them interesting.
KC McDermott was apparently visited by Urban even after he committed to Miami, and this is what he said happened when he told Urban no. Not sure if it's 100% true, but pretty damn funny nonetheless.
''The Urban Meyer thing was just funny to me. He came to my school a week after I told his assistant that I wasn't even interested in them. I told him no to his face, and it's got to be one of the top five reactions of someone ever. His facial expression was just so funny. My coach was tearing up and had to go in his office to laugh...Like the state of shock where the guy has literally never been told no in his life. It literally looked like a kid the first time you tell him 'no, you can't do something.' It looked like he was a baby about to cry. It was so funny.''