N. Y. Times story on student newspapers replacing daily ones, as in A2
We can all agree that the OL did not look good during the spring practice. I may be grasping at straws, but a recent interview with Funk (done by Sam Webb) makes me more optimistic about the OL.
First, it appears that Funk himself had to learn a lot of new stuff (he watched tapes from Alabama). Second, a lot of time was spent on learning the new techniques and terminologies. Both of these are quite disruptive and will take time for the new system to synch in. Third, a lot of time was lost during the year and then spring to injuries. It seems that the entire OL has not really practiced together this spring. Putting all together, I have this guarded optimism that by the start of the BIG, the OL will be holding its own.
Title says it all...
First Zeke Pike and now Kelly, seems that a lot of the QBs from the 2012 class that we were recruiting have struggled to adjust to college thus far.
Since the College Football Playoff is starting this year, I thought this article was pretty helpful in understanding exactly what's going on. The recap at the end of the article:
• An elimination round now exists in college football.
• A selection committee will pick the top 25 teams in the country and seed the playoff.
• Six prestigious bowls will take place on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, broadcasted by ESPN.
• This year, the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl will host the semifinals on New Year's Day.
• This year's National Championship Game will take place in North Texas.
Urban is not my favorite coach. Jeremy Fowler reports Lindsay has added OSU (and uhh...Cal) to his visit list. On the plus side it sounds like the wait for his decision will end by end of April.
The former Alabama center, who started four games a year ago, says via text he's visiting Ohio State and Cal this week.