I did not make this headline up
FB: We got 6 commits!
- Kyle Bosch (OL)
- Wyatt Shallman (RB/TE)
- Jourdan Lewis (CB)
- David Dawson (OL)
- Chris Fox (OL)
- Taco Charlton (DE)
BB: We beat ohio!
Ice hockey: We swept Northern Michigan!
Softball: We shutout Kentucky and Florida Atlantic!
Baseball: We defeated Seton Hall!
Last but not least, our girls are always beautiful!
So, not to be redundant, but what in the holy hell happened today? I've been working since this afternoon. Can someone give me a concise explanation of just what in the hell is going on? Is this real?
Just got done chatting with Yannick Ngakoue, Michigan's most recent offer. Yannick is a four-star LB (Rivals; unranked) out of Washington, DC. His offer sheet includes Tennessee, Florida State, West Virginia, Rutgers and Maryland. What we discussed:
- Michigan contacted him a little over a week ago and offered today. He expected the offer because "Michigan knows that I am a Division 1 caliber player".
- His interest in Michigan is high: "They are definitely one of my top schools and I want to visit within the next couple months"
- He likes the academic factor and the tradition, but also likes "how the team plays like a family".
- He will be watching the basketball game tonight because Coach Mallory told him to.
- Sandlot is his favorite movie. Yannick and I share the same favorite part as well....the "forever, forever" part.
If I recall correctly, most of Yannick's offers have come relatively recently, so he could be a diamond in the rough type player that Michigan got in on at the right time. I'll be checking back in with Yannick soon for updates regarding his recruitment.
If your a recruiting fanatic like I am then the news of all the four star commits today is the best news you have received in a long while, especially with Michigan not finishing the 2012 recruiting class as strong as we would have liked! For me this is definitely a moment of celebration and my wife and I are sipping some thug passion (Hennessy mixed with Alize') and feeling really good about a victory over Ohio this evening. It is a great time to be a Michigan fan. With that said, what are you drinking? Go Blue!
Hey guys, got off the phone with Jake Butt about ten minutes ago and he gave me a short synopsis of his visit.
- Michigan is still his leader.
- He is going to take his time in making a decision. Jake has maintained this stance throughout his recruitment.
- He ate at Cottage Inn (good choice)
- He met 1-on-1 with Coaches Hoke, Borges and Ferrigno
- My juvenile question of how the visit went on a scale of 1-10 was answered with a "10" from Jake.
Jake mentioned a couple times how great the relationships are that he's building with the coaching staff. Overall it sounds like it was a very positive visit.