that makes one of us
I wanted to get the video up earlier, but I drove 8 hours from Marquette to Ann Arbor for the game and just got back before Midnight on Sunday.
I decided to take some HD video throughout the night, because, well something told me this was going to be epic.
When the game gets crazy my hands get shaky, so I apologize, but I was be like dang.
Yahoo! has a great gallery of photos from the game, and from the season. The first 83 are from the ND game and the last 40 are from Western Michigan. Personally, my favorite picture is Picture #44, with Taylor Lewan lifting up Denard. If you want to see Brian Kelly looking like he want's to kill someone, check out Picture #5.
Hey fellas, after the greatest game ever...I wanted to share what I have been hearing. First I would like to apologize to mgoblogers and scoutexile for jumping the gun with O'brien's commitment. Lots of miscommunication...not scoutexile's fault. Mine for jumping the gun, got a little too excited. But from the sound of things O'Brien had a great time at the game.
Just tidbits here and there, if you know something we don't.... share!
NJ CB Yuri Wright will visit for either SDSU or Minny. Hope the coaches make an impression. I think it is a four way race between us, cal, RU, UGA. IMO he would headline this class if he were to commit, cherry on the cake.
CA WR Jordan Peyton had a great time at the game yesterday. Here is his interview with scoutexile on midnight maize: http://midnightmaize.blogspot.com/2011/09/jordan-payton-visit-reaction.html
Anyone have word on Darius Powe's visit plans? I really want him in this class. Oregon State has been balls so far losing to both San Jose State and Wisconsin, I think this can only help the wolverines.
GA CB Shaq Wiggins has the wolverines as his leader after he visited Gainesville this weekend. I know some Mgoblogers are worried about his reported height, rivals says he is 5'7. But by most accounts he is 5'10. He wooed both osu and um coaches, as both schools offered after he camped out. FWIW he is an early high three star on 247. Will visit either for minny or purdue.
OH CB Cameron Burrows was at the game. Hails from Trotwood-madison, a school we have had some luck with. Many consider him a buckeye lock, but at least we are getting him on campus. I know it is early but coaches need to offer asap. Projected to be the best CB in ohio for the 2013 class.
2013 IL OT Ethan Popic was in attendance. Learn this name, we'll pop up in the recruiting cycle, no doubt. Has early offers from the illinois, MSU, ND, and wisconsin.
2013 IL OT Kyle Bosch was also in attendance had a good time. Been on campus a hand full of times. Hope the coaches put out an offer. Should be one of the midwest's best.
If you're a parent of a recruit, how does brain kelly going ape shit on his players come off? Can't be good, hope it helps with Elmer. Elmer has named a top three of UM, ND, and Wiscy...no MSU. He said he hasn't been hearing much from MSU.
Places to get recruiting info (Work Cited Page lol)
247blueboard, most of my info was from there:
For Ohio recruits: http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/
Midnightmaize, come by for a live chat...lots of recruiting info goes down:
Some takeaways from the first night game against Notre Dame
Now that I've taken off my maize and blue night vision goggles - here are some takeaways.
1) Denard is an unpredicatable passer - He made some brilliant throws and some downright ugly throws. While his arm strength isn't in question - his deep ball accuracy is.
2) We won because of risky plays - At the end of the day - most of our yardage came through risky plays. Denard lofts the ball and hopes the receiver gets it. Some of these were lucky, no matter how we construe it.
3) Our receivers make Denard look good (and bad) - One point which irked me was that our receivers dropped some very catchable balls. On the other hand, they also made some fantastic catches. Much like Denard's passing ability - receiving consistently is something we work on.
4) Our rushing game is a serious question mark - When we play Big Ten opponents Denard can't be expected to do all the lifting. Our rush attack from RB's needs serious work. If Fitz is injured - our other backs look ineffective.
5) We've turned a leaf on turnovers - Overall our ball security has been good (not counting Hopkins fumble). We've also made strides of improvement in forcing turnovers. This comes from Mattison's gametime adjustments - something the other Greg wasn't capable of
6) Our rush defense may become a strength - After the first half - our rush defense was markedly better. Mike Martin, BWC all seemed to step up and snuff out any ND rush attacks. This is a good sign.
7) Hawthorne may be the next Demens - Like last season when Demens upstaged Ezeh, this year Hawthorne may have upstaged Herron/ Jones. Kid has some skill and should solidify his starting position with the performance last night.
Had a lot of fun making this one. Any input is greatly appreciated. Go Blue.
Now this isn't schadenfreude in the sense that this is a message board post I found. But for those of you who weren't at the game, you probably didn't hear this on tv. But late in the 3rd quarter, the section of Notre Dame fans that we stuck up at the top of the Big House in one of the endzones started a chant where they said "It sucks...to be...a Michigan Wolverine." Pretty funny considering it was 24-7 at they time. Spoke too soon. Woops. Anyways, does anyone else have any non-Internet related schadenfreude stories they would like to share?