I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU SONNY
Tommy Schutt has picked PSU after being spurned by both ND and M. Good for him. I kinda felt a little bad for him. Glad to see him land at a good school.
They also picked up 4 star WR Eugene Lewis.
Nice night recruiting in Happy Valley.
Was wondering what everyone's opinion is. Personally I hope Shaw wins it. When healthy he in the past two years has been a strong runner with few mental mistakes.
247's new top 100 is out. UM has five with Kalis at 40, Wormley at 56, Magnuson at 63, Pipkins at 88, and Ross at 100. I remember TRich being high previously ( in the 30s I believe), and don't remember if they had Wormley that high. Nice to see Pipkins get the bump, and it looks like he will jump into the Rivals 100 when they update too.
There was really nothing extravegant on the show we didn't already know. I figured they were going to address Torg's statements. Let's get this deleted and not give legs to a rumor when his own station won't bring it up in an interview with Forde...recruits don't need to hear this.
Erik Magnuson was named to the Rivals All-Camp team (Second Team) for his work at the different camps he attended this summer. Shane Morris also given an honorable mention. Always nice to see commits getting some kudos.
- UMGoBlog Borges - RB is a vision position, we need the OL to give them opportunity to see cuts.
- UMGoBlog Borges - No target of carries for Denard. We'll go with what works, we don't know how they'll defend us.
- mikerothstein Borges on Denard: "With the ball under his arm, anything can happen."
- UMGoBlog Borges - Denard is on schedule and is deadly when he makes the right decisions. We're asking him to make plays not miracles
- mikerothstein Borges said Odoms cast isn't affecting him.
michaelflorek Borges says he doesn't know what the Odoms injury is (buy that if you want), can't comment on it anyway, not affecting his pass catching
- mikerothstein Borges on Denard development: "He's on schedule."
- mikerothstein Al Borges said Denard's footwork has been much better
- UMGoBlog Borges: Don't like rotating RB's. Need someone to step up. Devin is pushing Denard.
- mikerothstein Borges on Michigan last year with vs without Denard: "Different team when he was in there."
- mikerothstein Borges said Brandon Moore has done nice job behind Koger at TE
- michdailyfball Borges doesn't want to rotate RBs, but "never say never."
- mikerothstein Borges said "before too long" they'll narrow down RB competition.
- UMGoBlog Borges - QB's are showing prog. Denard is showing improvement in footwork drills. No clear separation at RB until live drills.
- chengelis Borges on TB situation : "we won't know the go-to guy until we start tackling"
- OC Al Borges wants to see one of his RBs emerge as a feature back. The top candidate, Borges said Wednesday, will display the ability to win in the open field, break tackles, make defenders miss and be effective in the protection scheme.
- Several RBs are in the mix, including Vincent Smith , Michael Shaw and Stephen Hopkins. OC Al Borges needs to see backs perform at full speed before one rises to the top. “You’d like every decision ASAP, but you don’t want a wrong decision,” he said. “You want the right decision.”
- AC Borges has never been a fan of rotating featured backs, but he’s not opposed to the idea if two backs separate themselves from the rest of the pack. Ultimately, Borges is looking for a RB that gives the Wolverines some aspects of what QB Denard Robinson brings to the pro-style offense.
- QB Denard Robinson won’t run as much in the pro-style, namely to keep the Big Ten Offensive MVP healthy. Robinson missed time in 10 of 13 games last season. “The thing that jumped out at me is that (Michigan) wasn’t the same team when he wasn’t in there,” OC Al Borges said Wednesday.
- QB Denard Robinson ’s creativity won’t be limited in the pro-style offense, but coaches want him to be smart at the same time. “We want him to make plays – not make miracles,” OC Al Borges said Wednesday. “As long as his judgment is there, he’s deadly because he can do so many things.”
- After QB Denard Robinson averaged 22.9 carries per game last year, OC Al Borges won’t be tied down by pinning a number on his top playmaker. Borges said defense’s ability to stop Robinson may dictate how much he runs. The balancing act will come between productivity and keeping Robinson healthy.
- Keeping QB Denard Robinson healthy is priority one, but OC Al Borges said Robinson may run out of bounds to avoid unnecessary hits, the junior won’t be instructed to slide because of his creativity. “When he’s got the ball under his arm, you never know when he’s going to make a play,” Borges said.
- OC Al Borges likes the downfield threats he has in WRs Roy Roundtree, Martavious Odoms and Junior Hemingway, but said Wednesday they are still picking up the pro-style offense. The major differences from the spread: More defined cuts and routes rather than the vertical style the WRs ran in the spread.