in town for free camps
Some big notes coming out in the first couple minutes including:
Tamani Carter has left the team
Fitz and Frank Clark will begin practicing monday, but paying a heavy price and will continue to do so. (Availability for Bama still undecided)
Roundtree had arthroscopic knee surgery and will be out ~2 weeks
Roy Roundtree injured knee Wednesday, had surgery Friday. Hecklinski said best case scenario is he doesn't miss Alabama.— Stephen J. Nesbitt (@stephenjnesbitt) August 12, 2012
Per all the twitters (Tremendous, Nesbitt, Baumgarder, Meinke, Rothstein, Webb etc)
CTK Day 20 two years ago:
According to the twitter of Kyle Meinke.
Alabama now down two defensive backs in 2 days, after Travell Dixon departed for "personal reasons" and Jarrick Williams tore his ACL
Williams is going to be out for the season following this injury. Hopefully he's able to make a full recovery.
After a quick search, he was a consensus 4 star safety who was going into his junior year, and had played the past two years as a backup and on special teams. I don't think he would have gotten much playing time this year on defense just by looking at Bama's depth chart as he didn't crack the two deep at either safety spot.
One of the more interesting books I've read recently was called "What If". The premise of the book was simple. Take a significant event from history, say the Battle of Midway, and change the outcome. Then ask experts and historians to project what likely would've happened (in the case of Midway it was projected the Japanese would've successfully invaded Hawaii and prolonged WWII into the early 50's).
It's a slow day on the board and rainy day here in Cleveland so I started to think about what the Michigan version of "What If" would look like. Here are a few of mine but I'm sure there are a TON more:
1. What if Bo didn't have a heart attack the night before his first Rose Bowl game?
2. What would the outcome of the 1979 Rose Bowl have been if Charles White's phantom TD had been called correctly?
3. Does Michigan win the National Championship in 88 if Miami doesn't recover not one but TWO onside kicks in the final 5 minutes of the game?
4. What if Moeller doesn't get "Moellered" that night and remains the HC?
5. What if the original Les Miles hire had gone through and he, instead of RR, replaced Lloyd?
6. What if Casteel had come with RR as originally planned?