I will be on a plane during the Minnesota game. Does anyone know how soon after the game ends a replay will be available on ESPN3? (I am assuming that ESPN3 will post such a replay) Are there other possible sources besides ESPN3?
The Campbell Trophy, which is known by many by the nickname of the "Academic Heisman", is presented to the player with the best combination of academics, community service and on-field performance.
The article is here (LINK):
- ZERO red zone appearances for our offense against ND and Utah
- "from 1997 to 2013, there were zero games in which Michigan was unable to reach the opponent's 20-yard line"
- Against ND and Utah, "Not once in either game did Michigan's offense start a drive in opposing territory"
- "Wolverines registered at least one first down on 20 of their 24 drives in these two games and were kicked off the field on a three-and-out or four-and-out only thrice"
- M "crossed midfield on 12 of its 24 drives"
- "the odds of Michigan crossing midfield 12 times and failing to score or reach the red zone 11 times are 0.002 percent."
Here's the full URL: http://www.maizenbrew.com/2014/9/25/6837131/2014-michigan-wolverines-football-red-zone-offense-inside-numbers
UPDATE: it looks like 1967 was the last time Michigan didn't make it into the red zone:
It is clear that in the absence of DR, we have had a pretty bad running game the last 3 1/4 years and very inconsistent offense. The common thread has been the awful play by our offensive line. It is safe to say that Nuss made a mistake in not making change for the OL coach. I would guess that if he had insisted on bringing his own OL coach, Hoke would have gone along. He does not have a long history with Hoke.