Hopefully Garnett goes blue.
Summary: G. Brown to Findlay (D-II); Carvin Johnson to Hampton (Edit: I-AA aka FCS); Barnett at his local Junior College.
Although already, discussed on this board, this article adds that Je"Ron Stokes is at Bowling Green (where his brother was a redshirting freshman QB last year) and Posada is out of football.
Did anyone hear Phil Knight's eulogy just now? He ripped the PSU board of trustees, prased Paterno for never once complaining through the whole process, and for deliverine one message through the whole unjust ordeal: "We are Penn State." This was followed by about a minute long standing ovation. I just don't get it. I'm glad Michigan is with Adidas.
quick edit: Knight was choked up the whole time. He also said when his wife told him the news that "Joe had passed" he said, through tears, "Who will be my hero now?!!"
According to Mike Ferell, Michigan has contacted Rutgers 4-star OT commit Chris Muller.
This post is to collect some of the info out there on remaining prospects, posted by Ace two days ago, and also from Scout and the board and other sources. The consensus is that we are still in it for:
- Garnett (Michigan, Stanford) decision: today, Jan. 26
- Diamond (Michigan, Arkansas) decision: Feb. 3
- Reeves (Michigan, Ohio State) decision: TBD
- Kozan (Michigan, Iowa, Auburn) decision: after Hoke's visit this Friday, edit: 1/27.)
- Grant (Michigan, Arkansas, Oklahoma) decision: TBD
Given that Stacey decommitted and is going to Cincinnati, we have exactly five spots left. From Aqua, I gather that Garnett literally didn't know whether he would go to Stanford or Michigan as of last night. According to Ace, Diamond maintains no leader, but yesterday, an inside poster vetted by Brian suggested that Michigan has maintained a slight lead all year long for Diamond. I have seen no leader given for the others.
Of course, it would be tremendous if all five came to Michigan. I suppose the probability is low, but one can always hope.
A few questions:
- Is there anything missing above (i.e., decision dates, or a clear source indicating that things are leaning blue (or otherwise) for any of them? I also wonder if any are waiting for the shoe to drop with others before they pull the trigger. My suspicion is that they are all good enough, they aren't making a decision based on what anyone else does.
- Are there any other prospects I've missed? For example, could Gregory receive an offer if one of the others goes elsewhere? FTR, I'm assuming from Ace & Scout that the ship has sailed for Dodson, Madaris, & Diggs. (BTW, what happened with Diggs? I don't remember.)
- I know that Hoke is visiting Kozan, and that he visited Garnett, and that Mattison visited Reeves Tuedsday. Are there any more visits planned, beyond Kozan?
Regarding the remaining recruits, I really want all of them for Michigan, and can't choose between them. Can you? Garnett, Diamond, and Reeves are all highly skilled, and could make an impact soon. (What an OL class!!! Best ever?) And Kozan & Grant are both in positions of significant need, even though they're not rated as highly. Michigan already has a very good class. May these five put the cherry on top and set us up well for the future.