"Rodrick Williams Jr.'s 10-month old, 2-foot-long savannah monitor named "Kill" gets the RB some strange looks when they go for walks together."
MGoBlog football gurus,
Because not every MGoReader is an expert in football schemes, it might be helpful before the season begins for some of us to brush up on the fundamentals, particularly with regard to the types of offensive and defensive schemes that the Michigan will most likely rely on this summer. So for all you experts on fat man chess, what sites/videos/resources would you recommend (bonus for Michigan/Harbaugh-centered backgrounders)? I’ll add a few to start:
1. MGoBlog’s Hall of Fame page has a great set of basic primers (scroll to “Football Analysis”).
2. Perhaps more pertinent to the coming season is Space Coyote’s three posts on the forthcoming Harbaughing of the Wolverines. Space Coyote is, of course, a great MGoResource. Here are his recent breakdown on Harbaugh’s teams:
3. Maize and Brew has written about what to expect on Michigan’s upcoming defensive line after the Spring Game
4. “ISportsWeb” has a short bit on Durkin’s tendencies:
5. SmartFootball.com. Chris Brown’s blog helps break down football strategy. His new book is now available on Amazon for a mere 99 cents.
Bonus Space Coyote haiku:
Homer’s “Spirit Guide.”
Says to go find your soul mate. I
got dibs on Harbaugh.
It won't be over for a few hours still, but I figured I may as well start this thread now. I'm there currently. It's tough to take much from a practice like this, but I can give an impression of the depth chart. Sorry for the disorganization.
Rudock at QB, Smith at RB, Harris/Perry/Chesson at WR (haven't seen much Darboh now that I think of it). Line is as it was reported previously. LBs were solidly Ross/Bolden/Morgan (now wearing #3), and CBs saw a lot of
LewisClark (thanks Qmatic), Stribling, and a couple others. Hill and Wilson played with the 1s at S, and of course Jabril played every snap. Butt obviously started at TE. Isaac was first off the bench at RB, Morris at QB. I'll try to update with further impressions as possible. I'd love to see other attendees corroborate the above, and add more details. They came down on phones pretty hard so this is all from memory.
12 more days until Allen Gant and Michigan take the field against Utah for their first win of the season!
Between Michigan and Florida State according to Sam Webb ....( My embed skills are like Dwight Howards free throw shooting skills)
I put this up a few weeks ago and mentioned I would post the info as a reminder a few more times before the season starts so that is exactly what I am doing.
Sign up or the terrorists win.
Group ID - 1983
PW - Goblue15