in town for free camps
|2.||Kansas St. (14)||10-0||1451||3|
|3.||Notre Dame (1)||10-0||1382||4|
- Oklahoma St. 79,
- Northern Illinois 77,
- Mississippi St. 48,
- Wisconsin 26,
- UCF 16,
- Boise St. 14,
- Arizona 6,
- Cincinnati 6,
- Fresno St. 6,
- TCU 5,
- San Jose St. 4,
- Utah St. 4,
- Tulsa 4,
- San Diego St. 3,
- Northwestern 2,
- Washington 1,
- Toledo 1
*I think YouTube enrolled me in some UI beta or A/B testing. I'm not seeing the 'use old embed code' option under share.
be sure to watch in 1080p :]
OSU's D-line may be that team's biggest strength. Our offense has struggled to get production from our running game all season. Perhaps this conundrum places the question of Denard and Devin and who plays under/behind center the next two weeks in a context for productive discussion.
My thinking is that Borges has to be looking across both of our next two games to figure this out, hoping--if Denard is on the mend--to learn a lot from next week and Iowa. There are signs that both our passing and running game are developing under Devin Gardner, but if Denard can play you want him on the field. (Denard IS yards!)
Could these things suggest we might see a mix of QBs, with Denard getting some looks at running back? (Could featuring him in this way be useful to him when draft time comes?) To what extent is it necessary to "go with what got you to the dance," and not change things up for an O line that has sometimes looked confused? What's necessary to win? What's possible under these circumstances?
Torrent: Northwestern at Michigan 720p mp4
Gardner and Roundtree:
So, I want to test this out, although it is cruel somehow, but such an inspiring comeback sent me looking for every single article, blog, video or anything to get me to enjoy this even more..
Unlucky for NW, one of their blogs is filled with that. For Every win that makes me feel that way I would love to go and search for comments out of the articles and blog posts written by the other team's supporters and just smile.. this is just a test, if you don't like it just say it in the comments (I know no one is shy on MGoblog!) so I never ever do this again.. Btw, if I ever post something like this again it would actually have structure not random like this.. So excuse the mess/
- On their coach : "Fitz’s Antics On Colter’s Late Hit – Fitz acted as if we’d just won on a Hail Mary, Instead, it was a downright silly overreaction to Kain Colter getting a late hit prolonging the ‘Cats final drive. This is the same guy who was asked not to carry Barnett out after the ND win because we need to act like we’ve been there before."
- Final Play Coverage – "I don’t get it. We had three down linemen, yet seemed to be in single coverage over the top on the Wolverines best receiver. You can’t bash Jones for batting the ball down as that is textbook defense, but man, how was he in that scenario? Even when we went ultra conservative, we messed it up."
- I love this one - "Alright fans, let’s pick ourselves up and get ready for the one team we’ve wanted as much as any all off-season long. It’s time to put the hurt on Sparty, our recent nemesis and start priming for our first bowl win since 1949."
- "STATS TO STEW ON Northwestern lost its first OT game vs a Big Ten team (7-1) Brady Hoke remains undefeated at the Big House Northwestern racked up 481 total yards (248 rush, 143 passing)" "Fitz is the best head coach in the country off the field, but on the field, he has NO CLUE what is going on."
- Nice to feel envied for a change - "What did Brady Hoke do when he got to Mich? he surrounded himself with great coordinators, and assistant coaches. He focused on the GAME, the feel, the flow of it. and it worked."
- On Roundtree's catch - "Then, Michigan’s #1 receiver somehow was single covered when it was Hail Mary time. Let’s face it, Roundtree made one of the more ridiculous catches on the batted ball, but as soon as it was complete, you could feel the air go out of the balloon. I don’t need to rehash what happened from there, but it seemed like our program had crossed some sort of karma line."
- On Their coach - "yet having his players make physical errors and an unconscionable cover scheme in the waning seconds that led to a game that will be known in NU lore as the Michigan “Hail Mary” Game."
- Inches - "A finger tip, a tiny opening, the nose of the football, a jump offsides. Those inches in the fourth quarter went against Northwestern in the end as Michigan came from behind (again) to win 38-31 in overtime at Michigan Stadium." (On the other hand, They completely forgot that inches put them in a spot to win the game)
I think this is enough, I'm bordering on the area of being cruel, there is just so much material to work with.. I'd love to do a much organized post next time if enough people like this concept.. Otherwise I'll just go back to reading these comments alone at home :) GoBlue, what a comeback..
[ED:BiSB - Formatted because OMG THE WALL OF TEXT.]
So, technically it is Sunday. I've been stuck working at the bar since the second I left my home after 4th and 2. I was late, but what the hell else was I supposed to do? Did anyone else see that Michigan game yesterday, what a comeback. So here is your official "Let's not push everything off the front page because I want to critique our punt return formation" thread.
As per usual, I will not post my opinions in the OP, as to not destroy the sanctity of the snowflake thread. I will, however, assume all you chuckleheads are asleep and be the first to post my thoughts in the replies...
Topics du jour of the day:
Denard vs. Devin
The QB rushing record
Mattison / Borges feelings for the week
Holy shit did you see that catch that Roundtree made?
Brunette girls (even sure thing brunettes, they still count too)
How good is Northwestern?
Do we even have a shot at Indy?
At what point(s) did you think we would win or had no hope?
Magnets, how do they work?
EDIT: I see BiSB has nuked a Denard vs. Devin thread already. Keep it civil in here guys, as I think that is a legitimate talking point, even though I think most of us desperately want to see Denard start and understand that there is a 0% chance otherwise. That doesn't mean some of us can't be extremely impressed and somewhat fickle. If nothing else, this topic points to the fact that we have two very solid options. Which is something. Also, it points to boo for the coaching staff in regards to letting us flounder against Nebraska.