BC guys evaluate Bates's tenure positively.
Having lived in Texas for a long time, Kirk Bohls is one connected dude at UT so I have to think this is legit. This is an interesting hire in the sense that UT fans (I attended grad school there so I know a ton of them) hate Greg Davis. I mean hate the guy. This is strange since Greg Davis was there for a NC win and coached McCoy, Young, Simms and Applewhite who were all pretty successful. However, most UT fans claim that they won in spite of Greg Davis since his play calling sucked, particularly in big games. His goal was to out-execute you, which worked against many opponents due to the crazy recruiting classes Texas would regularly pull in. Will be interesting to see where this goes for Iowa who will not have superior talent compared to the teams in the B1G, seems like a double down on Lloyd-ball for Kirk.
- Among Michigan fans, 64 percent approve of the job Brady Hoke is doing. Six percent disapprove, while 29 percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 26 percent have a positive opinion of Rich Rodriguez, versus 32 percent who have an unfavorable opinion. Forty-two percent are unsure.
- Among Michigan fans, 39 percent approve of the way John Beilein is doing his job; eight percent disapprove, while 53 percent are unsure.
- Sparty fans approve of D'Antonio along similar lines as Hoke, 68-4-28. They approve of Izzo even more strongly, 78-3-19.
- Within the state as a whole, 37 percent of Michiganders consider themselves Michigan fans, versus 31 percent who root for Sparty. Thirty-two percent consider themselves a fan of neither.
- Voters for Obama in 2008 are slightly more inclined to favor Michigan. Of Obama voters, 40 percent favor Michigan, 27 percent favor Sparty. Of McCain voters, Michigan still leads, at 35 percent, followed by Sparty at 34 percent. (Corrects 53 to 35 for McCain)
With the committment of Jaron Dukes, Michigan is now #1 on 247 sports 2013 team rankings.
This book is a few years old, published in 2008. It seems like a pretty good book but from the amazon preview it looks like it is mainly about the 50s/60s not more recent.
Has anyone read this book? What are your thoughts and would you recommend it?
Link to amazon:
Temple is close to a deal to return to the Big East starting this upcoming football season. There were invited to join the combined CUSA/Mountain West Conference slated to begin in 2013. Owls will leave the MAC and replace West Virginia for football; they will be in the Big East for all sports.