"He makes it really easy on you as a coach because he has tremendous football instincts," Michigan tight ends coach Jay Harbaugh said. "Things come really naturally to him. He doesn't have to see things too many times. He has a good sense for how things should look and feel, and he's a tough, physical guy."
Last year I created a topic that asked for your way too specific predictions for 2012. You can see the link to it below, as well as other prediction threads for 2012. It's kind of fun to read everything in hindsight. (Hint: Nobody predicted ND to the title game) My thoughts on the 2012 team was that we would be a better team, but due to our schedule we would have some regression on our W/L. I was bullish on our team's talents, but bearish on the record. I'm much more optimistic about this year.
That said, what are your predictions for 2013? I want W/L, who we lose to (if we lose), and maybe where our rivals will end up, as well. If you want to get crazy and predict a prop bet type situation, then by all means.
Also, Hoke is unbeaten at home. This year, we see Nebraska, ND, and OSU. Next year, we don't really have any competition at home all year. What are the chances that Hoke is still unbeaten at home going into year 5 at Michigan. Has that been done?
So here's my call for 2013 -
- Gardner is very good, but throws some untimely interceptions that we don't want to see. He may even lose a game in this fashion. However, he doesn't approach the average INT numbers of Denard, and has an amazing game against OSU.
- MSU and ND are much easier wins than most anticipate. One will be a double digit win. The other will be a touchdown or less, but with us feeling like we were in control all game.
- We lose to NW. In the third quarter, a bad play in our defensive secondary will make us loathe our youth and shed a tear that we have no walk-on players in our defensive backfield anymore.
- The OSU game will be decided in the last 5 minutes.
- Even if we lose 2 conference games, we will be in the title game at 10-2. The team that won between OSU and Michigan will lose the title game. We will end at 11-2, as will OSU.
- We will not see as much Derrick Green as we expect to.
- UTL II will be the deciding factor that lands us 3 more 5* recruits. Hand, McDowell, and Adoree. I'm not even sure that all of them will be there for that game, but if so... it's gon be electric.
- ND has 5 losses. MSU has 6 losses.
EDIT: As far as 2012 predictions go, Logan88 was dead on, sans BTCG:
I did a search for this and came up with nothing so I thought I would start a thread so I could get feedback from fellow posters and hopefully Brian or Seth.
I am wondering when we would expect our copies of the HTTV magazine if we funded the kickstarter? I ask because I am a little worried that I may have missed out on receiving the email that requested our mailing address (like I did last year) and therefore would end up waiting until mid August to get my copy (again, like I did last year).
I guess what I am wondering is whether anyone has received that email and if Brian or Seth could give us a little update as to where things stand in regards to the expected dates we should see them in the mail. Another reason I am slightly worried I missed something is because I thought the original date that was put forward for either shipping or delivery was July 3rd and not having received the request for my address yet, I was thinking I missed something.
I'm sorry if I seem impatient, I just don't want to miss something like I did last year and end up getting my copy a month and a half late. Any updates would be appreciated.
UM at 9.5, with Vegas favoring the over.
I fully expect it to go like this..
Frankly, I think he's telling them to make arrangements now because it will take most of them that long to find Pasadena on a map.