Tennessee is not recruiting well just because they got 18 dudes
Many of us may have read Maureen Dowd's Op-Ed piece on ingesting too much of a weed-infused candy bar on a recent visit to CO. The folks at EDSBS reimagined Dowd's piece as written by our very own Brady Hoke after his first experience sampling some herb. Mercifully, there's no mention of Kelly Baraka or Mitch McGary in the piece.
The short spoof and the comments are worth a look. As a teaser, here's one observation from the fictional Coach Hoke:
I noticed that if I held it in for a few seconds, I felt even more euphoric, like how Mark Dantonio must feel whenever someone properly identifies where Michigan State is.
Disclaimer: There is nothing serious or newsworthy about this thread. It contains ZERO information relevant to anything. If you prefer serious discussions on Michigan football, this is definitely not the thread for you. This post simply represents an attempt on my part to make the last couple hours go by a little faster at work. Should you choose to continue, you have been warned.
Zone Left posted what I thought was a fun exercise on picking an ideal Michigan team with a list of five categories and a salary cap preventing you from picking the best of everything. That thread is here: http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/15-ideal-michigan-team
Blatantly ripping off this concept, I ask you: Exactly what would you be willing to sacrifice if the end result was a GUARANTEED 2014 Michigan Football National Championship. You have $15 dollars to select one item from each category - you may spend less, but you may not spend more. Have at it.
Loss of Body Part:
- $1 - Both arms
- $2 - Both legs
- $3 - Dominant arm
- $4 - Male organ
- $5 - Pinky Finger
- $1 - Blindness
- $2 - Eternal Poverty
- $3 - Impotence
- $4 - Eczema
- $5 - Male pattern baldness
- $1 - Full face tattoo with image of Boubacar Sissoko
- $2 - Belly button piercing with Block M charm
- $3 - Full sleeve tattoo with faces of 2008 Michigan Offensive Starters (Threet and Sheridan)
- $4 - Armband tattoo saying "Those who Stay....."
- $5 - Block M earring
Long term future of Michigan football program:
- $1 - College Football ceases to exist immediately
- $2 - No more Michigan B1G titles in your lifetime
- $3 - No more Michigan National Championships in your lifetime
- $4 - Michigan will have a losing record against MSU from 2014-2024
- $5 - Michigan will endure one season where it loses to Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois.
- $1 - Food you prepared makes 14 football starters violently ill the day of the App State rematch, resulting in a Michigan loss.
- $2 - Caught pooping in cooler during a Michigan tailgate.
- $3 - After an evening at Skeeps, you cannot perform when you bring Kate Upton home with you
- $4 - Outjumped by Louis Nix on television
- $5 - Short on dollars, you take job as Arby's mascot for an event in Michigan Stadium
Normally I don't like doing more than one thread in a day, but this is some pretty big news.
Arizona, Northwestern and Texas A&M will not be selling the jersey numbers of star players this season. Instead, they will move to generic numbers.
Example: A&M sold thousands of #2 jerseys last year. This year, they will only sell #12. For the 12th man tradition they have.
A couple of posters on here were mentioning this topic on Twitter so I thought it'd be interesting.
Looks like the Ford Field dream is dead.
Can anyon explain the process behind the hardship waiver process? What is the likelihood that he gets or doesn't get it and how long does the process usually take?
Here's all I could find for clips featuring Ty Isaac last year. Not a lot but better than nothing.
Vs. Fresno State (bowl game)