"He makes it really easy on you as a coach because he has tremendous football instincts," Michigan tight ends coach Jay Harbaugh said. "Things come really naturally to him. He doesn't have to see things too many times. He has a good sense for how things should look and feel, and he's a tough, physical guy."
Brady + 4th Qtr. comebacks + missed PATs. Pour yourself sompinsompin and enjoy. Whatcha drinkin?
Reebok has developed Checklight, an impact sensor for the head which can be worn under a helmet and records the number of hits at different intensities. It has a flashing indicator that will indicate a level of impact sufficient to warrant removal from competition for assessment.
While football is the sport getting the most attention regarding concussions and other head injuries, hockey is another logical sport for this.
days until Team 134, Michigan football 2013 kicks off the season.
In honor and memory of the late, great Bob Chappuis. Played at Michigan in 1942, 1946-1947.
- Halfback on the 1947 National Championship team.
- Runner-up for the 1947 Heisman trophy
- MVP of the 1948 Rose Bowl where Michigan thrashed USC 49-0 for their first national championship since 1933, completing the Mad Magicians magical run.
- Named an All-American in 1947
- Recipient of the Michigan Most Valuable Player Award (predecessor to the Bo Schembechler MVP) in 1946.
- Two time All-Western Conference selection (1946-1947)
- Inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1988
In addition to his stellar career on the field, Chappuis served in WWII in the US Army Air Forces as a Lieutenant. On his first mission, Christmas Day 1944, the engine in his B-25 went dead and he had to jump from it. He landed in Italy where he was found and secretly harbored by various Italian families until the War ended.
Bob Chappuis, American hero and Michigan Football Legend.
VERY cool 3D Michigan Football Poster for 2013 that has the schedule on it as well.
Oh...and you can get one here for $10:
Here is some of the new gear by adidas for the 2013 season.
Undershirt for a possible camo uniform? Looks awfully similar to the VICTORS VALIANT shirt worn in 2011.