this may be of some local interest
I'm on my iPhone, so hopefully a mobile link works: https://mobile.twitter.com/UMJumpmanFB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
The BTN crew drop in on Michigan today. With the submarine, this is about as much access as we'll have for a while. Looks like the practice will happen too late to make the nightly show tonight, so it'll air tomorrow, but we usually get some good info from the BTN team on twitter
Meaningless bit of offseason content from NFL.com but since they rank a Michigan player highly, the rules state we must like this:
Chesson ranked #4 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000684202/article/cfbmockdraft-drafting-top-10-wrs-in-college-football
Here's the final update.
I hadn't listened to the whole Michigan Insider podcast prior to my first post - If I would have, I would have included these in the previous post as there wasn't a lot more information to report. Instead of burying this in the previous thread, I thought I'd go ahead and still do a second thread.
Nothing on DB's or LB's seems to have leaked, but here are some updates on the OL/DL.
* OL looking good but not great - "Holding their own." I would see this more as a confirmation of the defense than a negative on the O-line. I mean... look at that 2-deep DL.
* Ben Bredeson - "Keep eyes out for him." Sounds like he's impressing early and should definitely be on the two-deep. Possible snaps for him this season as a 6th OL ala last year's Grant Newsome?
* Michael Onwenu playing snaps at DL AND OL. Testing the waters with him. Obviously yesterday the clip of him came out and confirmed that he was at least getting some looks at DL, but it sounds like he is still working with the OL as well.
* Rashan Gary - Early impressions are that he still needs to learn technique (*gasp*) and the playbook (*shock*), but.... his "physicality is AWESOME!" (exclamation/underline/bold required) - Unnamed source states that he is a "1st round draft pick in a few years." Apparently he's been a machine so far. Not quite the 99 NCAA rating, but perhaps a 97. I'm joking guys he's probably an 89.
* Taco Charlton "has been really really good." Another source... "Lights out." Frank Clark 2.0? We shall see!
And yeah... that's about it.
Sounds like we have the BTN guys to look forward to later today. Hope these updates were satisfactory. I was kind of surprised not to read much as of yet, so it was a fun listen even if we need to take everything with a grain of salt.
Here are links to the three segments where I obtained this information.