First, thanks so much to so many board members giving advice on my first game day experience at the Big House. Tailgaiting at the AAGOC Golf Course was AMAZING! So beautiful and people were so hospitible. My wife and I took our best friends, who are major Clemson fans, and they said it was the best tailgate experience they have ever had.
Furthermore, for anyone else visiting this year for the first time, here are my thoughts on restaurants. Hopcats was absolutely fantastic! 100 beers on tap and wonderful food. Blue Tractor, Ann Arbor Brewing, and Zingerman's met every expectation. Angelo's was one of the best breakfast spots I have ever eaten at. The only disappointment was the Jolly Pumpkin. Service was absolutely horrible and the bartender was stoned out of his mind. Took every ounce of the dude's energy to keep his eyes from crossing. He had zero personality, horrible customer servie, and pro-actively kept on mentioning how much he hated serving people on / around game day. He hates football and thinks people that do are douches. Bad thing to say to people clearly there for the game.
Thanks again to the members who took the time to recommend such awesom spots. So appreciate it and i had a blast. Best part was running into the team going to a 1:40 meeting at Schembechler Hall on Thursday. Got my picture taken with Rashan. He was super accomodatiing. Thanks again.
A little over 23 minutes long. What a great win.
Does anyone see a chance of Tom Herman ending up at ND if Kelly and the Irish go belly up this year? I really don't want to see him at one of our rivals.....hoping Texas or another school down there gets to him before OSU, ND or even PSU eventually come calling.
TWIS, MGoBlog style...special edition due to the epic weekend of rival losses
God help us. Here we go.
Fire Franklin now. Just horrible.
If you didn't switch to hard liquor before kickoff, you're gonna have a bad time.
JF looking like Harbaughs bitch.
No other way to say it...we are pathetic!! Embarrassing on National TV
I think Michigan's spring game was tougher for them than we are...
I hope Franklin punches Harbaugh in the face after the game. Fuck him
Why the F%^&* is Harbaugh going for it on 4th and 7? Jesus.
Going for it on 4th all these times is just disrespectful.
Please stop with the Harbaugh is a big meany because he went for it on 4th down. It's the first half for God's sake. Pathetic.
Surprised Harbaugh didn't go for the fake kneel down and throw it deep
Switching to liqueur, beer isn't getting it. Need numbness to endure second half
Time to start getting angry drunk
Can't wait to play OSU and Mich St. That should go well
How can we be allowing a 19 year old to carve up our defense at home like this?! Jesus....
Nothing like getting beat at home against a freshman in his first start ever.
I thought MSU would shut out Wisconsin. I agree with the pussies. Lets freak out.
Ball game. Good bye big ten title defense
just shoot me now
Nobody is prepared for this game. What the fuck.
Good thing all those recruits came to visit today. Great blow out loss for them to enjoy. What a joke this is
Good thing is that we don't really get blown out ever so expect a comeback. We will be fine.
I need to start drinking now
Apparently MSU wasted all their Irish luck last week... what the fuck
Well, boys. Guess we'll go back to be ignored and grow that chip.
This is the least fun I've had in a long time.
On the plus side, we don't have to worry about getting embarrassed in the playoffs again.
How bad is Notre Dame???
We are not a good football team
To hell with this team. Absolutely disgusting
After seeing this shit show I'm dumbfounded as to how the hell we beat Notre Dame.
Lol even our student section cant manage to wear school colors for home games.
God I can't even finish the post before we give up more Tds
What qb have we not made look draft eligible?
Haha, we are so, so bad....like 2007 bad....
Can't tackle, can't sack the QB, can't kick a FG...This is ridiculous, but expected. Thanks Kelly.
Custom shirt ordered for NCSU game that will accompany my paper bag. "Fire Brian Kelly" centered on a green shirt. I hope it's on tv.
Anyone still think BK is the right coach for ND?
I think IMG academy could beat this team. Hell, Kizer's former high school could play with ND.
A sack celebrated like they won the national championship
BVG just had a look like a 28 year old who just went potty by himself at wal-mart....
I would be in a coma if I took a shot after every missed tackle.
Fire them all... That was embarassing
I never thought I'd see things sink to these depths given the way Kelly has kept up with solid recruiting classes. This program has been recently mismanaged in to the ground, by a few responsible parties. The old guard must be rolling over in their graves right now. This is some sad sh!t.
"It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another" -Livy
These are from the mouths of a couple ardent PSU fans who relayed to me some of the things other PSU fans talk about. This is what happens when its You vs. The Rational World. More proof that truth is stranger than fictio -- you couldn't make up some of these (#2 and #4 in particular), I mean, unless you actually believed them to be true.
1. ITS THE SANCTIONS -- You've all heard this, but it continues to this day. Why did PSU not have backup linebackers? B/c the sanctions crippled recruiting over the years. Why does the OL suck? B/c for years the sanctions deprived them of having full teams for practice. It's the one excuse that explains everything away, and continues to do so.
2. COACHING CONSPIRACY -- This one's my favorite. We all "know" B1G schools have been negatively recruiting PSU. And coaches who have been most successful at this have been "rewarded" with HC gigs "in PSU's main recruiting territory," to continue that negative recruiting. The proof:
MSU DC Narduzzi --> PA (Pitt)
OSU DC Ash --> NJ (Rutgers)
UM DC Durken --> MD (UMd)
See? You can't deny those "facts." People involved in negatively recruiting PSU for things that aren't PSU's fault (Sandusky, media frenzy, Hackenberg, etc.) are now put in position to further undermine PSU's ability to restock itself.
3. ITS NOT THE COACHES -- Franklin is a great guy and no one could be expected to do well against the forces against him. Oh, and Bill O'Brien? He didn't abandon ship. Rather, he wants to be HC of the Patriots when Gawd retires, so he wanted to get into the NFL as an HC as soon as he could and prepare himself for that.
4. IT'S ACTUALLY ALL HACKENBERG'S FAULT -- Kid was a mess between the ears, and because he sold the program to rely on him so much, he single-handedly tanked the program's recovery. Had the kid been good, we wouldn't be here talking about the demise of PSU. They'd have been winning, getting top recruits as a result, etc.
5. IT'S THE MEDIA'S FAULT. The media LOVES tearing down successful programs. They's rather that USC, PSU, etc. all suck than be successful. (Of course if you take this logic to the extreme... then the media would prefer that all the blue bloods suck, and the national championship be decided between Boise St., Northern Illinois, Connecticutt and Purdue.)
Dudes and dudettes, when you have this much blame to go around ... of course PSU fans can feel victimized by everyone else.