"The University of Illinois is also in turmoil. The university sports an Interim Chancellor, an Interim Athletic Director, and an Interim Football Coach; the game will be played at Soldier Field, making this an Illini Interim Home Game."
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
He knows it's over and ridding off the grass into the sunset.
edit: their AD announces that he's staying in the postgame presser.
The leader in attendance in 42 of the last 44 seasons is once again back on top.
2015 average attendance top-six
Wonder if we see another graphic in the offseason from other B1G schools on this? My bet is no.
After today's game, a lot of people have been commenting that our linebackers were too slow, couldn't tackle, and couldn't keep pace/do anything against the physical Ohio State defensive front. We have a bunch of senior Hoke guys that graduate. Who is going to replace them, and are they going to be any better?
There is a not insignificant chance that this playoff seeding could fall into a nightmare scenario in regards to our rivals. i.e. scenarios where 2...if not all 3 could get in.
MSU is peaking and getting healthy - based on how they dominated OSU's OL and DL and watching 3-4 Iowa games this year I don't feel good about that matchup at all for Iowa. Iowa looks like UM with a better running game but not as good of a DL. I know - there will be 100s of posts this week saying Iowa has a great chance just like PSU had a great chance today but I bet the line is 7 to 8 for MSU.
Assume MSU wins; they go into the playoff. Nightmare scenario step A.
Baylor already lost. Step B of nightmare.
Oklahoma loses tonight. Notre Dame loses.
Then you are left with two 1 loss teams and 2 loss Stanford (if they dont screw up the P12 championship game).
- #11, 11-1 Oklahoma State who would have just beaten the #3 seed at home. I am assuming that will be a close game, so say close win for OK State. Only loss to 2 loss Baylor.
- #8, 11-1 OSU who just demolished #10 seed on the road. They get style points, sex appeal, $$$$, and defending national champion. Whose only loss was to a playoff team (MSU) on a wacky night with the monsoon rain. Yes they lack signature wins but its frigging OSU.
- #9 10-2 Stanford (who still has to play a P12 championship game)
This has danger of Buckeyes getting in all over it, even if OK State is a "conference champion". I don't see 2 loss Stanford who lost to NW getting in over 1 loss OSU ...even as a conf champion.
So we need Oklahoma to win tonight to elimiate that possibility (as well as Bama/Clemson of course) to create: Clemson, Bama, MSU/Iowa, Oklahoma.
Fig Things beats Stanford. Oklahoma State wins.
Then you have three 1 loss teams up for debate:
- #6 Fig Things with a win over #9 on the road. Whose only loss was on the road to a playoff team (seeded most likely #1)
- #8 Bucknuts with a win over #10 on the road. Whose only loss was at home in wakcy weather to a playoff team (seeded #3/#4)
- #11 Oklahoma State with a win over #3 at home. Whose only loss was to Baylor. (not a playoff team)
It's a free for all at that point - but you know the $$$ will favor ND or OSU (YTOSU) vs the other OSU.
HELL ON EARTH Scenario:
Fig Things beats Stanford. Oklahoma State wins. Bama loses.
SEC gets shut out. Playoff is Clemson, MSU/Iowa, Notre Dame, and .... one of the OSUs. And you know which one brings the $$$
Root for Oklahoma big time here to freeze out OSU or Notre Dame.
Question your decision on who to root for btw Stanford v ND. Because maybe we need Notre Dame to win to freeze out Ohio State from slot #4 (ugh!!!!!) Ok State could get that 4th slot but no sure thing over Ohio State.
Root for Bama (ugh).
(I assume ACC is getting a team if NC beats Clemson so I am not that concerned with that outcome.)