landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
Don't feel alone if name is not familiar to you. I only met him yesterday but not every day one runs into member of World Champs in any sport.
Was walking into my bank to verify balance after returning home for summer and upcoming football season. While getting the balance, I heard this man next to me say, "Yeah, played in one Super Bowl, would like to get back in the league to try for another." Well, of course this drew my attention and I looked over and he certainly looked the part. Was guessing if defense, had to be a lber (that's what he was) and if offense a real big RB.
Spoke for awhile outside the bank and he is an extremely nice young man. Almost military in his respect, "Yes Sir, No Sir, Thank you Sir, etc." Asked him about the Super Bowl comment I heard inside the bank, and he said, "Yes Sir, was with the Packers." He currently lives in Lansing, so guessing either he or wife has family in town(Muskegon). Said he played with Terrance Taylor. I couldn't fit those two together, but I guess "fringe" players are going to cross paths at some point, probably trying out for a team or two.
Googling the name once I returned home, realized he was a very lucky young man. Seems as though he only played one season in the league. Was signed by the 49ers, got cut after 5 games, later picked up by the Broncos. Got cut in Oct, picked up by Super Bowl champs a day later and finished the run with them. Was cut the following Aug. If you're going to spend one season in the NFL, why not do it as world champs?
From Cincinnati, he played for Hoke- prior to BH taking SDSU job- at BGSU where he was two time All MAC. Looks like he could still suit up today. Like I said, extremely nice, extroverted young man with genuine smile. Bowling Green should be proud of this one.
Tuesday, June 14, 0830, donors with 200 points or more
Wednesday, June 15, 0830, donors with 75 points or more
Thursday, June 16, 0830, donors with more than 1 point
Friday, June 17, 0830, digital community sale
Per the Chargers' website, James Ross was a "non-contract participant" in San Diego's rookie minicamp, and called back when a safety was placed on IR. Since he wasn't simply replacing another LB, it seems that they liked what they saw in camp and brought him back as soon as a roster spot opened.
There were previous posts here about his invitation to the Ravens camp, but wasn't signed, and a later post about LBs making rosters mentioned he'd been invited to the Chargers' camp also. Great to know it wasn't the end of the story for him.
What are your favorite UM football teams since the new millennium? This is my personal top 5:
1. 2003- Loved our ability to basically run the ball at will, Braylon was Braylon, and our defense was awesome.
2. 2006- So close to winning it all, but losing two in a row sucked a little for me. Anyways, the offense led by Mike Hart was great, and the defense was amazing until our defensive coordinator couldn't game plan for a spread team.
3. 2004- Couldn't believe this team had gotten as far as it did. Freshman quarterback and a running back that wasn't even 5'10 leading our team to the Rose Bowl? I would of laughed in your face if you told me that at the beginning of the season. Plus Braylon coming back as a senior was nice.
4. 2015- First year of Harbaugh. Started off a little slow but ended up beating the SEC East champions in their own backyard 41-7. Doubled their win total from the previous year as well and had a streak of 3 consecutive shut outs.
5. 2011- People may say this year was a fluke but I don't care. We had Denard, beat Ohio State for the first time in what seemed like a 100 years, and won a BCS bowl game (Sugar Bowl).
...days until the season of EXTREME OPTIMISM begins.
Which means we are only...
...Saturdays until football returns.