chance of bowl: 13.6%
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
|3:30 PM||No. 1 Mississippi State at Kentucky||CBS|
|3:30 PM||Texas Tech at No. 10 TCU||FOX|
|3:30 PM||No. 22 West Virginia at Oklahoma State|
|3:30 PM||Florida Atlantic at No. 23 Marshall||FOX Sports 1|
|3:30 PM||Georgia Tech at Pittsburgh|
|3:30 PM||Oregon State at Stanford|
|4:00 PM||Vanderbilt at Missouri|
|4:00 PM||UNLV at Utah State|
|6:00 PM||No. 15 Arizona at Washington State||Pac-12 Network|
Moot point for Peppers if he is all he is made out to be, we just basically lost his services for the year as he is not going to be a 5th year guy. No reason not to RS him if he is missing games as November approaches.
Chesson and Hill are on the dress list but as we know from prior weeks that doesn't mean much.
Nick B also says Morris is taking snaps pregame although right now the difference between Russ and Shane is negligible.
12 pm Texas at Kansas State ESPN
12 PM Rutgers at Nebraska ESPN2
12 PM Minnesota at Illinois ESPNU
12 PM Maryland at Wisconsin BTN
12 PM Memphis at Southern Methodist ESPNews
12 PM North Texas at Rice FSN
1 PM San Jose State at Navy CBSSN
1:30 PM Pennsylvania at Yale NBCSN
This column sets up a thought experiment -- what if Hoke had followed RichRod's lead and tried to move to a pro-style system immediately? It suggests that Hoke should have moved to Denard to receiver, and that his current problem is that he has tried to run something he doesn't believe in.
To me this makes no sense. Here are few reasons just off the top of my head:
1. Other than Denard, Hoke had Devin, Steve Wilson and Jack Kennedy on the roster in 2011 with Bellomy coming in. Since the author thinks that Devin also doesn't fit Hoke's philosophy he's basically saying Bellomy, Wilson or Kennedy should've started in 2011.
2. RIchRod didn't start Justin Feagin his 1st year -- he went with Threet/Sheridan neither of whom was a classic read option QB. .
3. RichRod was, to some extent, defined by his expertise with the read option. Hoke is a defensive coach, and still coaches the interior of the d-line. To me a better RichRod analogy would have been to argue that -- just as RichRod might have been better off giving Shafer more leeway with the defense and his staff -- Hoke might been more successful if he found an offensive coordinator who could run the spread and gave him free rein.
4. Hoke followed this advice when he switched to Shane this season against Minnesota and we all saw the results.
5. Finally, he ignores the fact that Devin at his best is much more of a passer than Denard, and was recruited nationally as a QB (whereas some schools wanted to move Denard out of HS).