no, YOU'RE off topic
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
Title says it all. Thought with Khalid Hill/Bunting and perhaps Clark - Keith might go back to DE to provide depth in an unproven part of the team but it appears not. Best of luck sir.
Keith Heitzman will also not return to #Michigan as a fifth-year senior.— Joshua S. Henschke (@JoshuaHenschke) January 30, 2015
Some of the lengths these crazy coaches of
other our teams will go - visiting a recruits mom at her work? Boy oh boy.
A recruiting story here on Smith - focus of story is how manly manly Richt was, but then a blurb mid story about how Harbaugh did everything Richt did.... then more.
Bigger picture it is always amusing to think the things these multi millionaire coaches have to go through to land a 17 year old's signature.
There have been several celebrity sightings this week in Macon Count. Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin was there on Tuesday, while Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh made the rounds on Thursday.
Harbaugh wants Smith so badly that he went to see Roquan’s mother at her job at Fort Valley State. “ (Harbaugh) visited her at work, and he also visited with Roquan’s aunt and uncle,” Harold said. “He did the same things as Coach Richt. He visited some people for us, and shook some hands. All three of those men coming here was a big deal to our community. It gave people something to get excited about. It gives our younger players motivation to work hard.”
Per HS coach he is headed to UCLA (again with those guys) still undecided. Sounds like he is waiting for NSD.
“The thing that surprised me is that he left tonight to go to UCLA, and he really doesn’t have his mind made up,” Harold said. “That’s what really surprised me after speaking with him.
“Once he gets back from UCLA, he’s going to talk with his family and me. We’re going to pray about it. He plans on having a decision by Tuesday night. It’s a big decision in a young man’s life. He’s going to seek the Lord for direction, and talk to his family and me.
“Next Wednesday will be an exciting day. We’re excited about having the national media come to our little community. We’ll be able to show off the hard work of our young men to the rest of the nation.”
For those who don't read the diary section (hand raised, I probably ignored it my first year+ here), we have an in depth recruiting board there but I decided to narrow it down to something more concise here. If you want the long form version go here.
Number of open spots is up for debate - the floor is
4X 5 6 spots (Russ departure opens a spot) (Well that escalated - Keith opens up another spot) and based on potential attrition we don't know about but coaches may know about, and decisions on offfering scholarships to Kerridges and Glasow Bros it can be higher. We also don't know if Harbaugh will do any grayshirts (maybe it's not in his wheelhouse). Four Five to Six remaining spots leading to a class of thirteen f ourteen to fifteen seems logical. Would not be surprised to see two of those spots goes to corners.
All face to face visits end this weekend. Monday and Tuesday will just be phone/direct message/written letters (I see you Jay Harbaugh).
If I missed any just mention in comments and I'll edit. Only including guys who have been or will be on campus.
- TE Chris Clark - NSD decision between UCLA/UM.
- TE Matt Snyder - Nebraska commit who followed Riley from Oregon State to Neb, had official to UM.
- TE/DE Ty Wheatley Jr - maybe it was chance but his in home visit and on campus visit involved Drevno so he migh be headed to TE or even OL down the road (rather than DE) at 260 lbs already. Heavy pursuit of other DEs would also indicate this.
- RB Mike Weber - former UM commit and current OSU commit. Sounds like he is battling heart vs mind on this one.
RB Titus Booker - Wisconsin CB commit (flipped from Indiana), will be on campus this weekend. UM seems to be recruiting him as a speed back (legit 4.41 40).Sticking with Wisconsin.
- WR Ryan Davis - prospects look bad here as he is not scheduled to be on campus.
- WR Van Jefferson - former local product, son of former Lions WR coach, and Ole Miss commit who will be on campus this weekend.
- WR Deontany Burnett - Washington State commit who will be on campus this weekend but seems like a long shot; WSU offense is a WR dream.
- CB Damon Arnette - South Carolina commit. High priority or UM, battling OSU now as Urban is making a strong push. Is on campus in Columbus for the long weekend. First real Harbaugh/Meyer battle - of course S.C. remains in play.
- CB Chris Williamson - Kid is blowing up in recruiting the past month; UM was in to visit again this week; looks like a terrific athlete that could play in multiple spots. Multiple southern schools coming hard for him. Will be at Florida this weekend for official. Will announce Monday but 7 crystal balls have turned to UF the past 48 hrs.
- CB Iman Marshall - Most assume a very heavy USC lean, UM went in home this week and made good impression with dad. But pulling him a few thousand miles away when favorite is a short drive is tough. Cancelled Oregon official.
- CB Jarius Adams - Rutgers commit who was on their campus last week and will be on ours this week.
- CB Markel Bush - Under the radar prospect with no offers but some schools have picked up his recruitment in the last week after he returned from UM. Some reports he was "upset" he was not offered when up here. Guy like this could always be a grayshirt if Harbaugh was open to it.
- DE Jake Pickard - was expecting a yes already on this WIS commit. UM was a dream school, dad cried on visit, everything seems in place but no trigger yet. Hosted Wisconsin in home this week. Hmm.
- DE (?) Ty Wheatley - see above.
- LB Roquan Smith - Most see him as a Georgia lean, UM is basically involved due to his affinity for Durkin. UM might finish a close second here. Would be a great get.
Nick Baumgardner wrote a pretty good article chronicling Coach Harbaugh's first month on the job at Michigan.
He really hit the ground running.
In his first two and a half weeks, Harbaugh officially hired nine staffers, a strength coach (Kevin Tolbert), hosted a major recruiting visit weekend, put plans together for two more and kick-started his team's offseason training program.
Not sure how much play this is getting nationally, but I thought it was a great contrast to how the PSU scandal was/is being handled. What if Mr. 409 handled the situation like those at Stanford have here? I wonder...