"Northwestern fans can be both heartened and disheartened by the loss to Minnesota just like how nineteenth-century resurrectionists were heartened when they pried a heart from a freshly-buried corpse and then disheartened it when they sold it to a disreputable anatomist."
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
During the Tennessee Mississippi game, Ole Miss intercepted a pass in the middle of the third quarter. A coach tried to trip the player. I get having passion but that is just dirty. It is bad when a player on the bench does something like that but the "leaders" should know better. Does anyone know if there is a fine or anything associated with this type of behavior?
Link for the example (and if my embed doesn't work): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iy3oL7DBug
Others will know much more about this than me, but just looking at the numbers through 10/11. Rutgers will fall after their ass-kicking Saturday.
Appalachian State #126, scored 52
Notre Dame #10, scored 0
Miami, OH #76, scored 34
Utah #3(!), scored 3 (Henry pick-6 was the only TD)
Minnesota #26, scored 14 (Morris start)
Rutgers #23, scored 24
Penn State #5, scored 16 (safety)
(For reference Michigan is #50)
We’ve played 3 of the top 10 defenses according to FEI. Getting blown up by the first two, managing decently(?) in the third. Perhaps progress?
Looking strictly at these numbers, Sparty will be the sixth best defense we’ve seen this year. We should absolutely expect to score points.
Sparty is #32 overall (with a #36 Offense), hardly a juggernaut. Better than M so far? Absolutely (Michigan is #66, with a #67 Offense, #50 Defense, and horrid #85 Special teams). Intimidating? Shouldn’t be. Will I ask another rhetorical question? Yes. No, not another one. That one before was it. Sparty put up 56 points on Indiana? Who cares, the Hoosiers have the #122 defense. And a not-so-impressive #32 Offense (starting their fifth or sixth string QB due to injury). This is a game Michigan should expect to compete in. If any of this means anything.
Put it all together and get a win in EL.
2003: Michigan went into Sparty stadium and beat #10 MSU 27-20. Chris Perry ran for 219 yards on 51 carries and John Navarre was 17-31 for 223 and 3 touchdown passes. Braylon Edwards caught 7 passes for 103 yards and two scores
This is the descending # of points M has scored against Sparty since 2008. We have not scored a TD against Sparty since the 2011 season (3 years ago). Does the trend continue? After watching OSU destroy Rutgers yesterday I say yes, but then Sparty had trouble in Bloomington so I am cautiously optimistic. Thoughts?
Big week for a few of Wolverines. Let me know what I missed, or if you have any more insight that I can add.
Week 7 Notes: Mario Manningham was cut from IR. Fitzgerald Toissaint was cut from practice squad.
Jason Avant (2002-05) | Carolina Panthers, WR (L 38-17 vs. Green Bay)
- 2 receptions for 6 yards.
- In his first year with the Panthers, Avant has made 19 catches on 28 targets for 185 yards, and 1 TD.
Tom Brady (1997-99) | New England Patriots, Starting QB (W 27-25 vs. New York Jets)
- Big game: 20/37 for 261 yards with 3 TDs and no turnovers. Was sacked once.
- For the year, Brady has thrown for over 1,700 yards, with a 13 TDs and 2 interceptions.
Stevie Brown (2006-09) | @steviebrown27 | New York Giants, Backup FS (L 31-21 vs. Dallas)
- 1 tackle.
- Brown tore his ACL and missed the 2013 season, and has started 3 games this year. He has amassed 13 tackles in 6 games.
Will Campbell (2009-12) | @idonttweet73 | Buffalo Bills, Practice G (W 17-16 vs. Minnesota)
- Recently signed to the Bills practice squad.
Kenny Demens (2009-12) | @kdemens25 | Arizona Cardinals, Backup ILB (W 24-13 vs. Oakland)
- Did not record a statistic.
- In 6 games played, Demens has recorded 5 tackles and 2 forced fumble.
Michael Cox (2008-11) | @mikecox1mill | New York Giants, Kick Returner (L 31-21 vs. Dallas)
- Returned kickoffs for 21, 26, and 40 yards.
- This was his second game of the year, exclusively in kick returning duties.
Larry Foote (1998-2001) | @larryfoote313 | Arizona Cardinals, Starting MLB (W 24-13 vs. Oakland)
- 4 tackles and 1 sack.
- Has started all 6 games in his first year with Arizona, recording 35 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 INT so far.
Jonathan Goodwin (1999-2001) | New Orleans Saints, Starting C (L 24-23 vs. Detroit)
- Goodwin was carted off the field with a leg injury before halftime and did not return. QB was sacked 1 time. Goodwin had a holding call against him.
- In his first year with New Orleans. Has started every game since 11/24/2008.
Cameron Gordon (2009-13) | New England Patriots, LB (W 27-25 vs. New York Jets)
- On injured reserve.
Brandon Graham (2006-09) | @brandongraham55 | Philadelphia Eagles, Backup LB (Bye Week)
- Has not started yet this year, but has 17 tackles, 2 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles in 6 games.
Leon Hall (2003-06) | Cincinnati Bengals, CB (L 27-0 vs. Indianapolis)
- 4 tackles and 1 pass breakup. Had a lower back strain during the game. Fans were NOT happy with his performance.
- Has 27 tackles and 1 interception in 6 starts.
David Harris (2004-06) | New York Jets, Starting ILB (L 27-25 vs. New England)
- 4 tackles.
- In 7 starts, Harris has recorded 54 tackles and 1 forced fumble.
Junior Hemingway (2007-11) | @younghemi21 | Kansas City Chiefs, Backup WR (W 23-20 vs. San Diego)
- Did not record a statistic. Had a bad, bad drop.
- In 6 games, Hemingway has 8 receptions for 89 yards.
Chad Henne (2004-07) | @chad_henne | Jacksonville Jaguars. Backup QB (W 24-6 vs. Cleveland)
- Did not play.
- Started 3 games to begin the year. 42/78 for 492 with 3 TDs and 1 interception and 1 fumble. Has apparently lost starting job to rookie Blake Bortles.
Tim Jamison (2005-08) | Houston Texans, Backup DE (MNF vs. Pittsburgh)
- Has started 1 of 7 games this year. Jamison has recorded 9 tackles and half of a sack.
Jordan Kovacs (2009-13) | @jkovacs32 | Philadelphia Eagles, SS (Bye Week)
- Recently signed to Eagles practice squad.
- Was cut from Miami during fall camp. Played in 9 games last year for the Dolphins.
Taylor Lewan (2009-13) | @taylorlewan77 | Tennessee Titans, Starting T (L 19-17 vs. Washington)
- QB was sacked 3 times.
- Started second consecutive game.
Jake Long (2004-07) | St. Louis Rams, Starting T (W 28-26 vs. Seattle)
- QB was not sacked this game.
- Has been a starter since he entered the league 7 years ago.
Mike Martin (2008-11) | @gomikemartin | Tennessee Titans, Starting DE (L 19-17 vs. Washington)
- Started and made 3 tackles.
- Started last two games. 9 tackles this year.
David Molk (2007-11) | Philadelphia Eagles, Starting C (Bye Week)
- Has started past 3 games, due to starter injury. Film reviews have been positive on him.
Ryan Mundy (2003-06) | @rmundy29 | Chicago Bears, Starting SS (L 27-14 vs. Miami)
- 5 tackles.
- Has recorded 34 tackles and 1 pick-six interception in his first 6 games with the bears.
Patrick Omameh (2009-12) | @patrickomameh | Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Starting G (Bye Week)
- Has started all 6 games this year.
Denard Robinson (2009-12) | @denardx | Jacksonvile Jaguars, RB (W 24-6 vs. Cleveland)
- First game as feature back, huge game. 127 yards rushing on 22 attempts for 5.8 yard average, AND his first NFL TD. This game almost doubled his career total in yards. He also played a big part in making a tackle to avoid a pick-6 on one of Bortles 3 INTs.
- Highlights: http://bit.ly/1t1h20k
- Has started 3 games this year, has rushed for 221 yards on 50 carries, and has 11 receptions for 37 yards. Robinson has zero fumbles, compared to 3 fumbles on 20 rushing attempts last year.
Steve Schilling (2007-10) | Seattle Seahawks, Backup G (L 28-26 vs. St. Louis)
- Started his second consecutive game. Got banged up during the game. QB sacked 3 times.
- In his first year with Seattle.
Michael Schofield (2009-13) | @schoblue75 | Denver Broncos, Backup T (W 42-17 vs. San Francisco)
- Has yet to play. Is marked as inactive.
LaMarr Woodley (2003-06) | @lamarrwoodley | Oakland Raiders, Starting DE (L 24-13 vs. Arizona)
- 1 tackle.
- 4 tackles in 5 games.
Charles Woodson (1995-97) | Oakland Raiders, Starting FS (L 24-13 vs. Arizona)
- Big game: 7 tackles, 1 pass breakup, and 1 interception with a 30-yard return.
- Has 39 tackles and 2 interceptions in 6 games.