well that's just, like, your opinion, man
I have been thinking about this, if Burke leaves after this year.. Does he still get his jersey retired? I mean Wooden Award winner the only player at Michian to do so. Big Ten player of the year. 1st team All-American. I know people will say you need to stay atleast 3 years. I think he's earned it after this season no matter what happens in Hotlanta.Whats everyone else think?
After seeing some of the other Final Four wallpapers posted over the last few days, I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring, because you can never have too many cool wallpapers. No, there's no throwback 70s-style afros this time around, but a simple Atlanta-themed one will do.
Here's the link to download the "throwback" wallpaper from earlier in the year and the new Final Four one. You can also click on the images below for each iteration...
Desktop with slogan:
Desktop without slogan:
Worry not, my stalwart friends. Beating Syracuse is a tall order, but it will happen. We will then defeat whoever we meet in the final. SCIENCE DOES NOT LIE, and SCIENCE says that Michigan is going to win it all:
1. Michigan just had a surprisingly easy win in the Elite 8. In 1989, we had a surprisingly easy win in the Elite 8, 102-65 over Virginia
2. Stauskas just hit 7 triples in the Elite 8 game. In 1989, Sean Higgins hit 7 triples in the Elite 8 game. [EDIT: Stauskas hit 6 triples, not 7. So, they both hit at least 6. In any event, Nik Stauskas and Sean Higgins both have 11 letters in their names - I know, scary, right?!]
3. Trey Burke is the B10 POY. In 1989, Glen Rice was B10 POY.
4. This year, Michigan blew out a team from Virginia (VCU) en route to the regional title. In 1989, Michigan also blew out a team from Virginia (Virginia) en route to the regional title.
5. This year, Michigan beat a directional school with "South" in their name: South Dakota St. In 1989, Michigan beat Southern Alabama.
6. In this year's semi-final, Michigan faces the Orangemen. In 1989's semi-final, we faced Illinois, whose main color is orange
7. Illinois and Syracuse both have 8 letters.
8. In 1989, Michigan won it all in Seattle. Both Seattle and Atlanta have 7 letters.
9. In 1989, Michigan faced Seton Hall in the final. Including the space between "Seton" and "Hall," there are 10 characters in Seton Hall.
Including the space between "Wichita" and "St", there are 10 characters in Wichita St
There are also ten characters in Louisville
10. In 1989, Michigan won the national title without winning their conference. This year, they will also win the national title without winning their conference.
[EDIT: 11. John Beilein and Steve Fisher both have 11 letters in their names. Not sure how I missed that before...]
So, the numbers clearly work. Don't worry about 2-3 zones, blah blah blah. We have SCIENCE on our side. And Trey Burke. I'll take that deadly combination any day, against anyone.
All of the Michigan NCAA Tournament Games are currently at Kickass Torrents (kat.ph) in 720p, with sizes around 1.5-1.8G.