frank beamer #1
CHART - Remaining basketball games schedule:
- Wisconsin and NC State climb up.
- Illinois tumbles.
- Jury is still out on MSU but will know significantly more in next two weeks.
- Michigan has now played 4 of their hardest 10 games.
- Penn St be bad.
- Adidas jerseys are worse.
Path to B1G Conference Title:
- Michigan will not play another team with as much raw athleticism as Minnesota in the regular season (Indiana is probably more talented but not bouncier).
- Finish 6-3 or better on the road. To do that, Michigan must win @Illinois, @Purdue, and @Penn St. Then they have to take one of three from @Indiana, @MSU, @Wisconsin. That seems doable.
- Run the table at home or maybe just one loss.
- I think it's still easier for Wisconsin to get four losses than Indiana at this point, so the Badger's road win there will definitely have been a major deciding factor at the end of the year.
- My prediction is any team finishing 15-3 wins outright, 14-4 gives a shot at a split. I don't think Indiana will lose 4 more games in the conference so I disagree with the idea that 13-5 multi-way title will happen again.
Add last night to the list of complaints against Adidas. Burke, Morgan, and Stauskas all tore their jerseys during the game, to the extent that Burke and Morgan actually needed replacements. I didn't actually notice Stauskas's jersey tear, but it's mentioned in the recap. My wife did notice that Morgan's replacement jersey was torn in the final minutes, so that's at least 4 torn jerseys in one game. Ridiculous.
Has something like this ever happened before? I know it was a physical game and all, but I never even saw how the jerseys got torn. Did anyone else? Or is Adidas trying out paper jerseys?
Just so this doesn't get buried in the game open thread. Here's the dunk for those that missed it.
Sorry for the lack of embedding...I didn't know how to do it.
Mod edit: Embedded it for you since you sounded like you'd prefer that. To embed in an OP:
- Click "share" and "embed" on YouTube
- Click "use old embed code"
- Copy embed link
- Switch MGoBlog to plain text editor
- Paste code
- Switch back to rich text editor, look for a box that says "flash"
Just pulled my seat up to the bar.
Record: (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten)
Wins vs top 100 opponents
|Wins (RPI 51-100)|
|65||Nov. 27||@ Florida State||77-68|
|90||Dec. 4||South Dakota State||88-64|
|63||Dec. 11||North Dakota State||70-57|
|Losses (RPI 1-50)|
|13||Jan. 12||@ Indiana||81-88|
SR(6th year). Trevor Mbakwe. F. 6'8" 245lbs
9.5 ppg. 8.1 rpg. 1.5 blk.
SR. Rodney Williams. F. 6'7" 205lbs
12.5 ppg. 5.9 rpg. 1.5 blk.
JR. Austin Hollins. G. 6'4" 185lbs
10.9 ppg. 4.5 3pa. 3.5 rpg.
SO. Joe Coleman. G. 6'4" 200lbs
10.9 ppg. 4.1 rpg. 1.5 stl
SO. Andre Hollins. G. 6'1" 200lbs
14.4 ppg. 4.6 3pa. 43% 3pt.
What I make out of all of this
This is the best team we have seen so far this year and they are extremely athletic. If we want to steal a win at their place, we need to beat them on the glass. They lead the Big Ten in offensive rebounds, so we need to box out. They are an above average 3pt shooting team and fourth in the Big Ten in FG%.
I hope we got our road game jitters out of the way on Sunday, because "The Barn" is not going to be a very friendly atmosphere for us.
Prediction Michigan 63, Minnesota 61. In a game that goes down to a missed Minnesota three in the final seconds.
Ford's list of top 30 picks for this year, released yesterday (didn't see it here yet, going back 3 pages). He says list is not a mock, just the 30 best candidates for now.
Has Burke as 3rd best PG, calls him "best in college right now", but wishes he was taller.
States GRIII's athletic ability, solid season, and perimeter play has scouts noticing.