in town for free camps
I know how badly everyone wants to watch this game. Some advice mute the volume Dakich was unberable this game. enjoy. GO BLUE!!
|Team||Record||Home||Home Wins||Home Losses||Home Remaining||Away||Away Wins||Away Losses||Away Remaining||Play Once|
|UM||10-2||5-0||NW, PSU, IOWA, PURD, NEB||N/A||WISC, MSU, MIN, IND||5-2||MINN, NEB, WISC, MSU, OSU||IND, IOWA||PURD, ILL||NW, PSU, @OSU, @ILL|
|MSU||9-2||4-1||OSU, MINN, IND, PSU||UM||NW, NEB, ILL, IOWA||5-1||PSU, IND, NW, ILL, IOWA||WISC||PURD, UM, OSU||MINN, @WISC, NEB, @PURD|
|IOWA||7-4||4-2||NEB, NW, MINN, UM||MSU, OSU||WISC, PURD, ILL||3-2||OSU, NW, ILL||WISC, UM||PSU, IND, MINN, MSU||NEB, @PSU, IND, PURD|
|WISC||6-5||3-3||IOWA, ILL, MSU||UM, NW, OSU||MINN, IND, PURD||3-2||NW, PURD, ILL||IND, MINN||UM, IOWA, PSU, NEB||OSU, MSU, @PSU, @NEB|
|OSU||6-6||3-3||NEB, ILL, PURD||IOWA, PSU, UM||NW, MINN, MSU||3-3||PURD, WISC, IOWA||MSU, MINN, NEB||ILL, PSU, IND||@WISC, UM, NW, @IND|
· Holds tie-breaker with MSU currently and ½ game advantage over MSU at the moment
· Perfect at home in conference but very difficult set of home games left
· Beat all other top 5 teams except Iowa on the road (makes that lop-sided affair even stranger)
· Easy road slate left
· Screwed over playing NW, PSU, and ILL only once and OSU only on road (except that worked out just fine!)
· Best road record of group- but only beat Iowa from top-tier and lost @WISC
· Tough road games left- especially @UM
· Iowa home game could be hugely critical- beat only 1 of 2 top teams at home so far
· Neutral-ish set of teams only played once
· 1/3 at home against top teams- test against WISC is critical- absolute must-win
· 1/3 on road against top teams also- game against MSU has same stakes as WISC game
· Screwed over terribly by playing 4 mediocre/bad teams only once
· Only play OSU and MSU once and both at home (it seems their schedule is always favorable…)
· 2/4 at home against top group
· Yet to play road game against top group- UM and Iowa games are absolute must wins
· Hard to see 5 losses winning conference- and hardest away games left of any top team (MSU is also hard but only 3 games left, and @NEB is no easy game)
· Most erratic top team (which is obvious since they are 6-6 I suppose) with 3-3 road and home records
· No major home victories and beat 2 of top 3 teams on the road
· MSU game at home only top team left but has lost to both top teams played at home so far
· Avoid 2 top teams for second game – can only blame inconsistency and lack of home-court dominance for why they have almost no chance of winning conference
|My random internet guy projections:|
|UM||14-4||I see UM losing one of the road games in disappointing fashion and one of either MSU or WISC game|
|MSU||14-4||Iowa at home could be tough, and OSU an UM at home- will lose 2 of those 3|
|IOWA||12-6||Likely 2 more away losses or at home against WISC|
|WISC||10-8||Only beating PSU on road and winning all at home or dropping another at Kohl and an upset on road|
|OSU||10-8||Other than home at MSU they play all winnable games- but its OSU this year so it seems like they will lose at least one other game|
Key for UM:
Win at home! If we beat MSU we control our destiny and our road slate is very manageable- plus a 4/2 home/road split is very favorable!
Not sure how no one has started to discuss this but today has been big so far. Syracuse hits a Brust-like buzzer beater to beat Pitt and Penn State comes back to beat Indiana in Bloomington. Also Illinois and Nebraska are battling it out in Lincoln.
I went to the Beilein show tonight and had to wonder if, since the awesome aneurysm moment he displayed in East Lansing, he's developed more of an edge. He was asked about the Ohio State video shown pregame at Value City, which I understand featured the Chris Webber TO, Evan Turner's half-court shot to beat us in the B10 tournament and a dunk to win a game back in the 70s. It ended with the Pure Michigan logo.
In the past, I think Beilein would have simply chuckled and said that that stuff doesn't matter. Tonight he said (I'm somewhat paraphrasing), with an edge in his voice, that "I hope we never do that kind of thing at Michigan and we won't as long as I'm here".
Anyway, while I don't really have a problem with players like Sherman trash talking I think it's classless when teams do it through their video feeds. I'm also in favor of our PA announcers (Carl at football and Scott at hockey) continuing to essentially provide neutral(ish) commentary.
I'm curious if anyone else has thoughts about the contrast between the Michigan in-game experience and other schools'.
Hey I was just wondering if anybody had, or will have, any replay of the game last night. I saw some breif highlights, but I wasn't able to watch the game. Maybe it's replaying on BTN or something soon? I'd like to experience the gritty win and even grittier analysis by the great Dan Dakich for myself.
Not sure if anyone had posted this prior - if so, feel free to remove - but it appears as if Caris Levert is getting some NBA love now? NBADraft.net has him listed as a first-round pick in the 2015 draft. I am perhaps not the largest Caris Lavert supporter but his development, offensively at least, has been amazing. That said, I'm skeptical of this projection. I'm just not sure where he would project to in the NBA given his size and skill set.
Related, Stephen Ross should just start mailing Lavall Jordan envelopes full of cash now.