Good read from Dylan over at UM Hoops 5 takeaways from BTT (I'm sure many of you have already been there). Here's the cliff notes version:
This wasn't that unexpected
- M was 2nd in B1G in efficiency metrics, which are a good indicator for neutral court games, where M is 6-0 (5-0 against NCAA tourney teams)
DJ at the 5 is here to stay
- At halftime DJ tells Beilein "I want Happ"
Derrick is Kemba-ing
- Already plenty of comparisons to 2014 UConn and Kemba Walker (see previous thread)
Zak is back
- Last five games: 14.8 ppg, 22-31 on twos, 9-22 on threes, best defender
Definsive improvement is legit
- 265 defensive possessions in BTT, 258 points allowed (0.97 points per possession)
These all bode well for the NCAA tourney.
Edit: fixed title
UM vs Wisconsin B1G Tournament Final - Full Game
First day game in the NCAA Tournament since 2011.
Michigan will play at 12:15 on Friday on CBS— Mark Snyder (@Mark__Snyder) March 13, 2017
Believe that spread will move a few points towards us, but I'd be throwing my kids tuition $$ at that line.