...says Denzel Valentine of Big Ten Tourney favorite MSU, which is 5-7 in its last 12 games. Cumong, man.
Worry not, my stalwart friends. Beating Syracuse is a tall order, but it will happen. We will then defeat whoever we meet in the final. SCIENCE DOES NOT LIE, and SCIENCE says that Michigan is going to win it all:
1. Michigan just had a surprisingly easy win in the Elite 8. In 1989, we had a surprisingly easy win in the Elite 8, 102-65 over Virginia
2. Stauskas just hit 7 triples in the Elite 8 game. In 1989, Sean Higgins hit 7 triples in the Elite 8 game. [EDIT: Stauskas hit 6 triples, not 7. So, they both hit at least 6. In any event, Nik Stauskas and Sean Higgins both have 11 letters in their names - I know, scary, right?!]
3. Trey Burke is the B10 POY. In 1989, Glen Rice was B10 POY.
4. This year, Michigan blew out a team from Virginia (VCU) en route to the regional title. In 1989, Michigan also blew out a team from Virginia (Virginia) en route to the regional title.
5. This year, Michigan beat a directional school with "South" in their name: South Dakota St. In 1989, Michigan beat Southern Alabama.
6. In this year's semi-final, Michigan faces the Orangemen. In 1989's semi-final, we faced Illinois, whose main color is orange
7. Illinois and Syracuse both have 8 letters.
8. In 1989, Michigan won it all in Seattle. Both Seattle and Atlanta have 7 letters.
9. In 1989, Michigan faced Seton Hall in the final. Including the space between "Seton" and "Hall," there are 10 characters in Seton Hall.
Including the space between "Wichita" and "St", there are 10 characters in Wichita St
There are also ten characters in Louisville
10. In 1989, Michigan won the national title without winning their conference. This year, they will also win the national title without winning their conference.
[EDIT: 11. John Beilein and Steve Fisher both have 11 letters in their names. Not sure how I missed that before...]
So, the numbers clearly work. Don't worry about 2-3 zones, blah blah blah. We have SCIENCE on our side. And Trey Burke. I'll take that deadly combination any day, against anyone.
All of the Michigan NCAA Tournament Games are currently at Kickass Torrents (kat.ph) in 720p, with sizes around 1.5-1.8G.
I know there is a post below asking for how you reacted when the shot when in which I think is great. I read thru every one of them. love it.
If you happened to be taping the action while it unfolded and want to share, I and certainly many others would love to see it. Whether you were at home, at the arena, at a bar...etc... I love seeing fellow Michigan Fans feel the triumph after what was looking like certain defeat. what a glorious weekend.
Not a hype video this time around, but with inspiration from monUMental's usual role, I decided to create some wallpapers for our Final Four game on Saturday. (Click the image for fullsize.) I hope you like them!
Mod edit: Bumped to diary because obviously. JGB.