gambling establishment etc
Congratulations to CJ, one the finest Michigan Men on campus. He will be missed and it will be no surprise to see him continue to rise up the coaching ladder. Beilein's staff is quality from top to bottom with guys who do things the right way on and off the court. Very happy for one of my favorite former players : )
- Michigan will open the regular season on the day of Michigan Football's second bye week. They'll face Hillsdale from Division II.
- Nice to see EMU back on the schedule.
- Apparently Michigan will play two regional around games in the Progressive Legends Classic. Per UMHoops, it looks like Michigan will be facing Toledo and Bucknell in those regional home games.
- New Jersey Tech actually is a D1-Independent across the board. Those are kind of rare.
- Whoever made this graphic misspelled Nicholls State. And, I think the game against 'Nova is on 11/24 instead of 11/25. Why would Michigan's semifinal game still needed to be decided?
For those so inclined and within rabbit ears of the Jim Rome show, Mitch is Rome's guest somewhere between 2 pm and 3 pm EST today.
For anyone who ever saw the Harlem Globetrotters play in person or on television before 1975, Louis “Red” Klotz, player-coach-owner of the Washington Generals, the Globetrotters’ regular opponent, might have been as important to the worldwide growth of the sport of basketball as anyone else. He died last weekend at the age of 93.
Despite decades of losing on the court to the Globetrotters, often over 200 times a year, Klotz was a member of the NBA championship Baltimore Bullets in 1948. He may forever have the honor of being the man who made the last shot in what long was thought to have been the only game that the Globetrotters had ever lost to the "Generals" who played that game on January 25, 1971 in Martin, Tennessee as the "New Jersey Reds." LINK
Trey struggled a bit with his shot, but did fill up the stat sheet in other ways. Otherwise, some great all-around and efficient play from Timmy, Nik, and Darius. Given the up and down style of the summer league, the most impressive stat may be the only 5 combined turnovers from the Bielien disciples.
T. Hardaway - 17 pts (6-12 fg), 4 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl, 1 to
N. Stauskas - 15 pts (6-8 fg), 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 to
D. Morris - 19 pts (7-12 fg), 4 reb, 4 ast, 1 to
T. Burke - 2 pts (0-6 fg), 6 reb, 6 ast, 1 stl, 1 to
GRob/JMo play at 4:30PM today and Trey plays again 8:30PM.
5 star recruit Emmanuel Mudiay is leaving SMU to play overseas per Garry Parrish. Michigan is scheduled to play SMU in December.