Pacific Rim 2 is going to be about giant robots built to fight Adam Jacobi
"Keelon Lawson is the head coach at Hamilton High in Memphis and is the last coach to lead a city school to a state title while going unbeaten in the largest classification. He played at UAB and LeMoyne-Owen and spoke to at least two other schools (including Vanderbilt) about potentially joining their coaching staffs."
It seems that on those credentials alone it would seem fair for him to be hired as an asst. coach at Memphis. It also doesn't hurt that...
Dedric Lawson is a 6-8 power forward in the Class of 2016 who is ranked seventh in the countryby ESPN.com. Chandler Lawson is a 6-6 wing who is ranked No. 1 overall in the Class of 2019 by one recruiting site. Jonathan Lawson is a sixth-grader who one coach said "may be the best of all of the brothers."
While this seems kind of shady its also the best of both worlds. Memphis is hiring a coach that has done well at the HS level, is a former D1 player, and had developed 3 of his sons into highly rated prospects...while also possible securing the commitments of said prospects. As long as all 4 children are allowed their freedom and not forced to choose Memphis this is a good move.
Congratulations to CJ, one the finest Michigan Men on campus. He will be missed and it will be no surprise to see him continue to rise up the coaching ladder. Beilein's staff is quality from top to bottom with guys who do things the right way on and off the court. Very happy for one of my favorite former players : )
- Michigan will open the regular season on the day of Michigan Football's second bye week. They'll face Hillsdale from Division II.
- Nice to see EMU back on the schedule.
- Apparently Michigan will play two regional around games in the Progressive Legends Classic. Per UMHoops, it looks like Michigan will be facing Toledo and Bucknell in those regional home games.
- New Jersey Tech actually is a D1-Independent across the board. Those are kind of rare.
- Whoever made this graphic misspelled Nicholls State. And, I think the game against 'Nova is on 11/24 instead of 11/25. Why would Michigan's semifinal game still needed to be decided?
For those so inclined and within rabbit ears of the Jim Rome show, Mitch is Rome's guest somewhere between 2 pm and 3 pm EST today.
For anyone who ever saw the Harlem Globetrotters play in person or on television before 1975, Louis “Red” Klotz, player-coach-owner of the Washington Generals, the Globetrotters’ regular opponent, might have been as important to the worldwide growth of the sport of basketball as anyone else. He died last weekend at the age of 93.
Despite decades of losing on the court to the Globetrotters, often over 200 times a year, Klotz was a member of the NBA championship Baltimore Bullets in 1948. He may forever have the honor of being the man who made the last shot in what long was thought to have been the only game that the Globetrotters had ever lost to the "Generals" who played that game on January 25, 1971 in Martin, Tennessee as the "New Jersey Reds." LINK