is there such a thing as an etsy genuis? if so, this is it.
Top DL target Joe Mathis will be visiting Ann Arbor next weekend.
Tremendous added a full update, which can be read here.
This is great news as he is a very talented and highly touted player, and a consensus 4-star. He was chosen as the DL MVP of today's Nike Camp, and was apparently the only the defensive line players who outplayed Taco Charlton.
Also, another note, Joe is the cousin of CA Saftey and consensus top-10 2013 player Su'a Cravens, and a good visit from Mathis could possibly help our chances with Su'a too.
This is really nothing earth shattering and Tom has covered it already but I though that the last sentance in the article was interesting since it was a direct quote from him. I can't believe he was left off the ESPN 150 list. The article in not behind a paywall.
"Michigan is definitely my top school right now," Magnuson said. "I really don't know what to expect to be honest but I do want to make an early decision and if things go well, there's a chance I could commit while I'm out there.
California DB Tony Jefferson recently announced his intention to take an official visit to Michigan, although committed to UCLA. Jefferson is a four star safety with a fake [ed: !!!] 4.5 40 time. As I mentioned in a different thread, my computer broke again, so this will be somewhat brief, and in a different format. I spoke with him about the change in his recruitment, and here are some bullet points about what he said:
- Wherever he goes, he will be enrolling early, which means he will be deciding soon.
- His visit will be November 7th for the Purdue game.
- "The coaches (from Michigan) have been talking to me for awhile now, and they've really turned up the intensity. That's part of why I'm taking a visit. I've been talking to coach Singletary and Rich Rodriguez. They've basically been telling me that I'm a priority for them, and they really want me."
- "I've been watching their games, and I really like the way they've been playing defense. I know at Michigan I could get a really good education, and always be fighting to play in a bowl game; I like that."
- "I have a really strong feeling towards Michigan. I get along really well with their staff, and Tate Forcier has been talking to me alot. He's a San Diego boy, and he's been telling me about how much he loves it."
- He said that UCLA hasn't done anything wrong, he just doesn't want to second guess himself.
- His final list is UCLA, Florida, Michigan, and Miami.
- An interesting side note: He has a lot of family in Florida, and confirmed that if he committed to Florida, his family might move there.
It seems like Florida has the best shot, but he seemed sincere when he said he has a strong feeling towards Michigan. Since he's never been on campus, you never know. The coaches have definitely shown him they want him, and he mentioned that it means a lot that they're showing so much interest. He'll visit Florida on November 28th and will decide shortly after.
Has anybody visited/attended/lived near UVa? I think I'm driving down to go take a tour of their law school tomorrow and was wondering if there were any must-sees or visits on their campus? I've heard good things about Charlottesville, but never any specifics...
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.