I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU SONNY
There is a report that a UT regent has initiated a talk with Saban's agent. What are the chances? I would say 50/50
I have seen a few tweets and this article from Chicago regarding potential opennings at USC and Texas and whether Fitzgerald would take one of these two jobs. I think USC is more likely as it is a private school similar to NU. The policitcs of Texas program is tough to handle for a total outsider.
Title says it all. Per Twitterz. There are no words.
HS kid almost breaks Larry Allen's 705lb NFL record as a 17yr old - impressive.
Here's an interesting Rivals article (link). Highlights!
- Obviously: OSU and Michigan have the best recruiters. You probably know all about Michigan's body of work, but OSU was admittedly impressive in Texas and Georgia. They secured the #1 Texan and took a 4 star running back wanted by Texas/Oregon. They also beat out 'Bama and Georgia for a 5 star Georgian linebacker.
- Also expected: Fred Jackson's recruiting prowess in Detroit is like Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin, but cleaner (This is almost not an exaggeration.)
- Greg Mattison's work all over the country gets mentioned. He's credited for securing Poggi from the Crimson Temptress, but you probably knew that already.
- I think Indiana's continued recruiting successes are the most noteworthy. They pulled a couple 4 star prospects from the Hoosier State--but also a 4 star out of Georgia. Indy raiding the SEC is pretty wild.
- Jerry Montgomery didn't make the list. These things probably vary by year, and I don't think it's a strong indication of anything in particular, but it's a relevant omission for Michigan fans.
- Frosting should come in two varieties: Chuck E. Cheese-style and the kind made with cream cheese. Also, all pie crusts should be made of graham crackers.
Looks as though other schools including Texas, Oregon, and Georgia Tech (do they have the recruiting clout to do this?? edit: Talking about GT here) are instituting a similar policy on recruit visits.
Right from the old man's mouth:
"The thing that we will do is we have allowed the kids to commit and still look around the last couple of years -- we're not doing that anymore," Brown said last week on Signing Day. "If you are committed to us, be committed. If you're going to go look, we're going to go look."