Petway nails threes to death metal. Seriously.
There is a report that a UT regent has initiated a talk with Saban's agent. What are the chances? I would say 50/50
I have seen a few tweets and this article from Chicago regarding potential opennings at USC and Texas and whether Fitzgerald would take one of these two jobs. I think USC is more likely as it is a private school similar to NU. The policitcs of Texas program is tough to handle for a total outsider.
Title says it all. Per Twitterz. There are no words.
HS kid almost breaks Larry Allen's 705lb NFL record as a 17yr old - impressive.
Here's an interesting Rivals article (link). Highlights!
- Obviously: OSU and Michigan have the best recruiters. You probably know all about Michigan's body of work, but OSU was admittedly impressive in Texas and Georgia. They secured the #1 Texan and took a 4 star running back wanted by Texas/Oregon. They also beat out 'Bama and Georgia for a 5 star Georgian linebacker.
- Also expected: Fred Jackson's recruiting prowess in Detroit is like Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin, but cleaner (This is almost not an exaggeration.)
- Greg Mattison's work all over the country gets mentioned. He's credited for securing Poggi from the Crimson Temptress, but you probably knew that already.
- I think Indiana's continued recruiting successes are the most noteworthy. They pulled a couple 4 star prospects from the Hoosier State--but also a 4 star out of Georgia. Indy raiding the SEC is pretty wild.
- Jerry Montgomery didn't make the list. These things probably vary by year, and I don't think it's a strong indication of anything in particular, but it's a relevant omission for Michigan fans.
- Frosting should come in two varieties: Chuck E. Cheese-style and the kind made with cream cheese. Also, all pie crusts should be made of graham crackers.