LIST OF WWE PERSONNEL?!?
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but WDFN interviewed Tate Forcier on Tuesday morning. WDFN podcast of the interview is up if you want to listen to the kid speak. Nothing really super informative, they talk about the Beav briefly and then lots of cold weather jokes. It's just nice to finally put a voice to the highlight reels.
Maybe I'm not so crazy after all. A quote (and an article) from Josh Helmholdt in the Detroit Free Press.
"Because Forcier is further along in his development, than Beaver, he was the odds-on favorite between the two to make an impact at quarterback next fall for the Wolverines."
I'm seeing a trend that I would like to have some feedback on...
The Tebow show didnt unveil any great running this year, I know, I know, Meyer didnt want to get him hurt and with seeing fewer and fewer spread quarterbacks putting up massive numbers on the ground, has RR seen the movement of his creation moving toward the above average mobile QB in the spread that is a much better passer than a runner, Pat White v. Sam Bradford. Could that have a lot to do with the trip to Oklahoma this off season? With the success that OU has had with Bradford, maybe RR sees Threet or Forcier being the next Bradford and Michigan being in the title game in a few years.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that he might not, but Beaver does still plan to.
I'm pumped to get Tate up here for next year, but has anyone else noticed how strange the Forcier family seems? I mean...
- Marv Marinovich personally trains all of the Forcier brothers
- Every brother has gone to a different high school to play football (apparently in a Tebow-esque manner, they were all allowed to compete despite being homeschooled)
- Every one of the brothers has been a fairly highly recruited D1 prospect (which would seem to be pretty rare to me, especially since I haven't seen any evidence that any of the Forcier elders have even played football)
- The QBForce.com "resume" seems weird and over the top.
Anyone else get the impression that daddy Forcier is maybe a bit crazy and is trying to live out his dreams through his sons by grooming them to be professional athletes? Just seems kinda strange, and the Marinovich thing coupled with the homeschooling is kind of unsettling.
Either way, I'm excited for Tate to come to Michigan (I actually wanted Forcier over Newsome; his accuracy is unreal).
With Newsome backing off, I'm seeing a lot of conflicting theories and thoughts. This has me confused. Your task is to reconcile the following information for me into a coherent thought...
- Kevin Newsome doesn't want to come to Michigan because of competition
- This is inevitably painted as a bad trait - the young man doesn't want to compete for his job, and is therefore unworthy of being a Michigan Man.
- Tate Forcier didn't want to come to Michigan because of Kevin Newsome
- At the same time, people are excited that Forcier can now commit because he is no longer worried about Newsome. If we didn't want Newsome because he didn't want to compete with Beaver, why are we excited to get Forcier, who didn't want to compete with Newsome?
- Kevin Newsome is "Pryor"-like and likes attention
- Others are saying Newsome is a spotlight hog or something, and he wants to "string along" his recruitment like Pryor.
- Tate Forcier posted his recruiting letters on the internet
- He also lists "New Mexico" (which may or may not be a real university) as a leader. He is averse to attention somehow?
- Tate Forcier loves Michigan
- But he hasn't committed?
Now, it goes without saying all these theories are in no way based on any actual truth; rather they are just traits people have made up and assumed to be true. But, how does this fit together? How can you legitimately argue that Newsome is scared of competition and in the same thought endorse Forcier as a "gamer"? How can you say Forcier "loves" M so much, when he hasn't actually committed here? If he loved M as much as some say, why doesn't he just come here no matter who else is a QB?
A shiny quarter to whomever explains this all to me.