Peppers at 10, which seems low.
Good evening, gentlemen.
I will be attending the tailgate for the OSU game this year. It is my first OSU game, and I plan to get into the area by roughly 8am. I will be accompanied by a +1, either my Michigan fan cousin or my wife, who is unfortunately an OSU fan.
What are my options to set up shop so that I don't wander around like a drifter for 4 hours. I'd be willing to stop by any MGoTailgates or any public tailgates. Regardless of who I bring, we'll be good attendees and B.O.O.B.
I have a question about tailgating and getting the game on tv. My plan this year is to go to all home games, but only actually go into maybe one or two games. The rest I plan to just tailgate and watch the games on tv.
Now I know that the Oregon State game is on ABC, as well as others may be throughout the course of the year. For the games on local channels, I plan on just using a Digital Antenna. Has anyone had any success / problems using digital antenna receivers at the game? (such as not being able to get anything to come in, or only a few specific channels come in)
My other question is about using Dish Network. I have DIsh at home already, and would like to take it with me to the game for times when they are on ESPN, FS1, etc. So far, I have researched it and it seems you either need to buy the "Tailg8er" or whatever it is, for some $300+. Or I also beleive you can buy a portable dish that receives HD, that sets itself up once installed for around $200. Basically I'm completely new to all of this, and I'm obviously looking to spend the least amount of money possible, but I don't want to sacrifice HD. Any advice and information is extremely helpful and I appraciate it!
By the way - I will be tailgating at the golf course all year.
It feels good to be back in Ann Arbor for the first game. If any one has a spot we can hangout on saturday and use for head quaders to sell our T-shirts that will be good. Thanks for the support.
For contact : [email protected]
Hey fellow MGoReaders.
I haven't found this information on the board recently. If it is, then Mods please go ahead and delete this post.
If you're coming to Dallas for the game and plan to tailgate outside the stadium, there are some very specific rules you need to know. The most important one of all is that you are not allowed to 'tailgate' in the parking lot. There are designated tailgating lots, but you need to find a grass area in order to setup chairs, tents, grills, coolers, etc. Staff and security are very specific about this rule and will be driving around every 15-20 minutes.
I'm including some of the offical rules from the Cowboys. Let me know if you have any other questions, and i'll try to answer them:
Tailgating for Cowboys games is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are located on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in Lots 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, and the spaces are filled on a first come/first served basis. If interested in tailgating, it is important to arrive early to obtain one of the designated spaces.
All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.
- Tailgating spaces are for vehicles only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle must have a valid parking permit.
- Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.)
- Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9-feet wide and 12-feet deep.
- Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 12 feet from the rear of the parking vehicle).
- Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces are considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
- Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
- Tailgating is permitted from the time the lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
- All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
- Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
- Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
The following items/activities are prohibited:
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
- Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
- Disorderly conduct
- Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
- Saving parking or tailgating spaces
- Weapons and fireworks
- Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
- Advertising or promoting any third party products (including but not limited to food and beverage products)
- Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels.
Has anyone ever heard of MGoPatio? I stumbled across this on Facebook today and it looks BADASS.