"What (Michigan coaches) told me is that they're focusing on point guards right now, but if anything opens up, they'll definitely come back on and recruit me as hard as they were," said Towns
Nice article - well worth a read. It really shows how players that might not grab all the headlines contribute in ways some of us might not consider.
I was just watching College Football Live and they say that the Michigan QB battle is a three-man competition between Denard Robinson, Tate Forcier and Nick Sheridan. LMAO I just thought I would share...man they do a bangup job at that network.
And in other news, I am now a leading candidate to be the next Pope! They just reported it on ESPN.
I love you for your heart. I love you for your dedication. But after today, you are now the least viable option. Please enjoy the remainder of your time at Michigan, and please make the most of your education.
Hmm. Sheridan is the SAFE pick at QB according to Yahoo. Hahahaha.
I have seen comments on several sites about this and I just want to point out that losing the star of last years Michigan v. Penn State game is not great but this should hopefully be a Non-issue. This is assuming that the injury is a broken leg, not something major and the medical staff is being extra cautious.
Postives on this...
- Tate will get even more time with the 1st team and should get extra snaps in the short spring practice season.
- This should solidify that the race to be the opening game starter is wide open.
- Creates some options to re-evaluate the experiments at the QB position that include: Carlos Brown and Justin Feagin.
- Asks the team to rally around Tate and may officially signal the start to his era as the starting QB.
- At least he was out and about, so the injury probably isn't in great need of any major surgery.
- Sheridan can use all the practice he can get.
- David Cone might be forced to throw the football with a helmet on to someone that should actually see the field in the fall.
- The urgency to get Denard Robinson on campus and practicing just became even more apparent.
- This could diminish the QB competition between our two best options for the fall.
Hopefully there is some good news from Richrod today, and that this is just precautionary.
If Threet does end up transferring. We still got the man, the myth, the legend: Nick Sheridan.